iTunes browser customization

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jerseyfreeze

How do I customize the iTunes browser so that only two categories appear: Artist & Album? I used to have it this way, but I had to trash my prefs, so now I have three browser categories: Genre, Artist, & Album.

Thanks,

Jason

eustacescrubb

Website
www.johnpauldavis.org
I'm away from iTunes 4 at the moment, but I believe this is set in Preferences - there's a checkbox for "Include Genre When Browsing" - you just have to uncheck it.

Island Roots

Erm, do you even need to do that? Just right click at the top where it lists Album/Artist/Genre etc, and it will have a list of things you can have...simply go down to Genre and click it...it should remove the Genre column.

eustacescrubb

Website
www.johnpauldavis.org
He's not talking about the main window; he's instead referring to "Browser" view, in which the main window is split into sections. One can either have two panels at the top (Artist and Album) or three (Genre, Artist and Album), beneath which is the main window which lists tracks.

Island Roots

Oh, I didn't even know you could do that. Mine, by default, has only the artist and album..which is what I prefer.

jerseyfreeze

eustacescrubb said:
I'm away from iTunes 4 at the moment, but I believe this is set in Preferences - there's a checkbox for "Include Genre When Browsing" - you just have to uncheck it.
e-

Thanks, I got it. I had looked through Preferences, but just hadn't noticed it.

-Jason