Itunes Album view Iphone 11pro

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

pursuant

I would like to be able to view all the music in one album when in Itunes on my phone. When I switch that view from songs for example, I get icons of the album covers. But instead of one cover with all the songs in it, ill get multiple icons of the same album with one or two songs in it, sometimes ill get a icon that will contain most if not all the songs. It hard to tell what will be in any of these albums, so I have to sort through them to find the right one.
These songs are not purchased through itunes,
How do I get all the songs to show up in one album without many duplicates?
Thanks

cjmnews

Staff member
This is a tagging issue. You have differences in Album or Artist information so a single album can split into multiple albums.

This is quite common when you get album information from the internet. Even more of an issue with MP3 files. For example if you had a Taylor Swift album with a single song that features Justin Timberlake, this song would be in a separate album because the Internet added the Featuring data to the Artist tag.

To fix, you use iTunes to select all the tracks that should be in the same album, right click one and choose Song Info. If the Artist name is different on any of the songs, it will be blank. Type in the Artist name, same for Album name. Click OK.

Repeat for all Albums you have problems with.

Now for MP3 files, you need to force iTunes to update the MP3 tags or they will forget all the work you did above when you play the song.

In iTunes, select all MP3 songs, click File->Convert ID3 Tags, check ID3 tag version select v2.4 and click OK. This will put the iTunes data into the MP3 files permanently.

You should be able to sync the music to your phone, but sometimes you need to remove it from the phone and re-add it to see these changes.