iTunes 7 - You can now copy songs BACK to Computer?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

chippe01

I deleted a bunch of videos in Itunes 7 tonight as I already watched them. When I connected my 5G iPod, iTunes presented me with a message box stating "iTunes has found purchased items on the iPod "MY IPOD NAME" that are not present in the iTunes library. Do you want to transfer these items from the iPod back to your iTunes library?"

So, hopefully, those who have losst there music library due to some PC error can now get it back from within iTunes.

It will only transfer songs purchased from the iTunes store. You will still need to use 3rd party software to remove the non-itunes items. It would be nice if it removed all if needed.

Code Monkey

honeybee1236 said:
It would be nice if it removed all if needed.
On the other hand, this would probably need something like the DRM wrapper MS's Zune will be able to apply to your tracks. As long as Apple feels the need to support corporations over consumers, they struck a reasonable compromise. After all, if you didn't buy it from the iTunes Store obviously you still have all of the original CDs, right? ;)

chippe01

That was my exact thought ...

I don't care about losing my own files. It's nice to know that I can still retrieve the stuff I bought off of my iPod.