iTunes 7.7

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Germansuplex

iTunes 7.7 is out now. If you can't get it via Software Updater, download it directly from the site.

New features:

App Store in Main Menu Listing (along with Ringtones, Music, Etc.)

iPod Games have been moved into the App Section in the library window.

Remote feature added (ability to use iPod Touch/iPhone as iTunes remote)

Remote Control settings added to iTunes Preferences.

Last edited:

thedjstott

iPod Lounger
I cannot install it on my Windows PC, it keeps coming up with messages saying I don't have sufficient privileges which is rubbish as I am the administrator.

Germansuplex

I downloaded and installed with no problem, but I'm on XP. Are you on Vista? Try right-clicking and select "Run As Administrator".

thedjstott

iPod Lounger
Germansuplex said:
I downloaded and installed with no problem, but I'm on XP. Are you on Vista? Try right-clicking and select "Run As Administrator".

Running XP Pro, I restarted the PC and tried again and it installed with no problems.:)

gbohlken

No "Applications" Tab when syncing iPhone

I've got iTunes 7.7 and downloaded some really great iPhone apps, I think. Problem is when I sync the iPhone, I don't have an "Applications" tab in iTunes, so I can't get the apps onto the phone. :eek:

manchali

I'm on a xp pc, from within iTunes if I check for updates it tells me 7.6.2 is the current version. If I download 7.7 from the Apple site and run the install, it finishes rapidly telling me iTunes and Quicktime are installed successfully on my computer, yet when I launch iTunes, it is the same old 7.6.2 - very very strange. :confused: (I thought the speedy install was cause of my RAM upgrade - ha ha - guess not). I guess something fishy is going on.

~tl

gbohlken said:
I've got iTunes 7.7 and downloaded some really great iPhone apps, I think. Problem is when I sync the iPhone, I don't have an "Applications" tab in iTunes, so I can't get the apps onto the phone. :eek:
Have you updated your iPhone to software version 2.0 yet? You will need to do that before you can sync applications to it. I believe the software is making it's way out at the moment, but might not show up as available in your iTunes just yet.