itunes 5 updated 500 songs?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

rachwah

rach*
Yesterday when i plugged me ipod in, it updated 500 SONGS!! i was like what ive only added 7 or something... i was kinda angry.. it took AGES..

why does it do this?

Maxman

Don't Call Me Fat, Jon...
With iTunes 5, it automatically puts podcasts in the library (for some reason that's beyond me). So if you had 500 podcasts, then that's your answer. If you didn't, it porbably did not update 500, and might have been an error in the counting or something.

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
Changes to the song files after the update of iTunes, sometimes triggers an update of the songs back to the iPod. Some of the song files are flagged as changed after the update and need to updated on the iPod.

chino_says

Website
www.myspace.com
studogvetmed said:
Changes to the song files after the update of iTunes, sometimes triggers an update of the songs back to the iPod. Some of the song files are flagged as changed after the update and need to updated on the iPod.
ahhhh thats why thanks for the help :)

kasm

I know that with iTunes 4.x, I updated some fields in some songs and it never propogated to the ipod. The one that bugged me was it flagged some albums as compilations, so it would not show up properly on the ipod under artists. iTune 5 fixed this and updated those somgs that 4.x did not.