Itunes 12 - Has the ability to delete multiple artwork gone?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

DJSimonmurray

Hi Folks,

Using the latest version of Itunes for Windows and ive noticed that unlike the previous versions there does not seem to be an option to delete mutiple album art at once?

In previous versions you could tick/untick a box to remove album art as part of a block, however when you select mutiple tracks this time i notice you can only add art.

Thats fine, however when i make the change, i notice that a lot of the tracks will revert back to the original art after a short while or after an icloud library update, (assume its match which i am subscribed to or they have been uploaded etc).

I have circa 400 tracks under a sole album artist that i simply want to blank all the artwork, re-dowload it, (or add manually in the case that it is not available).

Deleting the tracks and re-installing etc isnt really the answer, there surely is an easier way to correct this?

Appreciate your help folks

Simon.

cjmnews

Staff member
Having not bothered with multiple artwork, I can't say much about that other than if you don't find an option to do that, then you must be correct. Though I would think that if you are correct, then you should be able to replace existing art by adding it.

Match will replace your music with copies of it's own. So your art is reverting to the Apple standard art when it seems that the file is not the same as the one it has in the cloud.

You'll have to unsubscribe from Match to have your own artwork.

If you want to blank out the artwork I see a couple of options.
If you are using the iTunes Downloaded Artwork, select the tracks, right click and choose Clear Downloaded Artwork.
If you are using manually embedded artwork, select tracks by Album so they are all from the same one, right click, choose Get Info, click on Artwork, right click on the artwork and choose Delete Artwork.