Itunes 12.6 Download All Podcasts Option Missing

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Frankma

Hello,

I have no idea what's going on here. Last week the option was there, now it's not. Last week was the last time I went to use it.

In my podcast library the download all podcasts menu option (right click on the Podcast) isn't there.

Why?

I have no idea. Do you?

I'm trying to download all the episodes of S-town and I can't.

Thanks all.

Frank

cjmnews

Staff member
Apple may have removed the command. Temporarily or Permanently. They have done this with other commands like Convert ID3 then brought them back later in a different location. Not all commands return though.

You could try:
Uninstalling iTunes 12.6
Install iTunes 12.5 or earlier.
See if iTunes will open your library (sometime it will complain that the library is from a newer iTunes)
Assuming it opens, Find the Podcast, and download all Episodes
Uninstall iTunes 12.5
Install iTunes 12.6

If iTunes complains about the version:
Create a new user and log in as them.
Open iTunes, log in with your Apple ID
Find the Podcast, and download all Episodes
Move the Episodes to a location where your normal login can see them like /Users/Public
Log out of the new user
Delete the new user account
Uninstall iTunes 12.5
Install iTunes 12.6
Use Windows Explorer to drag the podcasts from where you stashed them and drop them onto iTunes
Find the newly added files and set the Media Kind to Podcast
They may not add into the feed directly, so you may need a smart playlist to combine the imported tracks with the podcast feed.

If you have Copy media added to iTunes Library enabled, you can delete the podcasts in the stashed location.

You can also log a bug at https://bugreport.apple.com