• Please note that signatures and avatars on iLounge are only available after reaching certain membership thresholds.

Signatures

In order to be able to have a signature, users must have been a member for 7 days and have accumulated 10 posts.

Avatars are reserved for only the most senior of iLounge forum members. Users will not be able to use an avatar until they have been a member for a minimum of one year, and accumulated 1,500 posts. This is considered the Veteran Lounger level of membership.

A note on post whoring...

We welcome and encourage our members to make valuable and useful contributions to the iLounge forums, and to have fun, socialize, and actively participate in discussions on the forums. However, as per the Forum Policy, we will not tolerate excessive and unnecessary posting. Posting inane and pointless messages solely to increase one's post count in the hopes of reaching a higher membership level will be dealt with by the forum staff. Unnecessary posts may be subject to removal, and persisting in this behaviour will result in post counts being reduced and any further action being taken as deemed necessary.

• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

It's one big conspiracy

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

preda_king

Its one big conspiracy

Before u say anything... im not trolling.. im not a troll i swear it.
I just wanted to say one more thing. Cheers Bog for saying what i wanted to say.
But, even though u put your point over better than i did, it was atiny bit negative towards the new ipod. So don't be suprised if you get a load of people start jumping on you accusing u that your working for another MP3 company or something crazy like that. Who knows maybe they'll be calling u troll next.

I started disscussing this politely at the beginning u know... Its only when all these tossers start ganging up on me (pathetic isnt it!)

Some of the moderators can be just as bad too... did u see the digs one of em was giving me earlier on in this thread!
It is my opinion that this site is terribly biased,(and proberbly owned by Apple) its just not aloud to say one little negative thing about an Apple product.

Very bad site! Theses forums are rot! Mr moderator! if your reading this i want to make a complaint! Not to u, but to your supervisor. Then I complain not only about this site, but how they are run! Its a discrace!

I have noticed that this has turned into abit of a rant. But im not going to apologise, because im fed up of the new ipod! I mean, y the hell am i looking around in here for god #### hacks anyway??? Ive got better things to do with my time then worry about EU volume restrictions!! When I pay ?400 for somthing I expect (and DEMAND!) that it knocks my socks off!!!

Bog is absolutely right! And Im sure he wont be dissapointed with his US ipod! I know im not!

eustacescrubb

Website
www.johnpauldavis.org
Wow, preda_king, are you trying to see how many of the Forums Guidelines you can violate in one post? Swearing, personal attack, posting off-topic. Explain to me why I shouldn't ban you?

And you are a troll - you're the qunitessentail troll. It was fine a MONTH ago when you posted your frustrations with the new iPod, but that's all you talk about. You never post help, you never contribute anything positive; you're always going on and on about how much you hate the new iPod.
What's frustrating is that we've been more than generous and have given you multiple chances to clean up your behavior, and your response to charge us with being a conspiracy and to call us "tossers".

Fact is, people post negative opinions of Apple and the iPod here all the time, but most of us do MORE than that. I myself have been upset with Apple in the past, and have discussed it here. But I didn't harp on and on about it. It's the harping on and on, not the negative opinion, that makes you a troll.

We try to solve our problems rather than complaining about them ad infinitum. This is iPodlounge, not iComplainlounge.

Last edited:

ashawley

Website
www.
Re: Its one big conspiracy

preda_king said:
Mr moderator! if your reading this i want to make a complaint! Not to u, but to your supervisor. Then I complain not only about this site, but how they are run! Its a discrace!
hehe, "Supervisor"? That's rich preda. You do know that we're all volunteers here and mod/admin out of our desire to help other 'podders.

You're certainly free to hang out here and post as long as you follow the guidelines. But as you've been told before. This is a fan site. It's a place that folks come to talk about their iPods. And for some reason you act surprised when people complain about you constantly bashing on the product they've come here to chat about. Baffles me why you can't figure that out.

Oh, and I'll not be surprised if when you get your 2nd gener that you don't notice that much of a difference. Just a side note BTW.

Adam

Jackonicko

Retired
In his defence, the term 'tosser' is pretty mild and even friendly over here in the UK.

But I am worried about all this 'u' instead of 'you', 'im' instead of 'I'm' and mis-spellings like 'proberbly'. He's probably twelve years old, and a bit behind at school. Don't judge all English people by PredaK. We're not really a nation of semi-literate, self-obsessed whining 'tossers'........ Even in Watford.

Preda,

There's plenty of negative comment about Apple products (including some from some of the Mods) on these fora and I've never noticed any real censorship (except when people start criticising Wintel PCs....) but there are ways of expressing yourself without offending others. If you don't like having to abide by civilised norms, go and bother them at ipoding or ipodhacks.

You're obviously quite entitled to your opinion that these forums are 'rot' - but it's not an opinion I share. There's a great mix of friendly help and advice to be had, and it's only marred by the occasional rantings of the selfish, the immature and the frankly deranged. Occasionally you get a poster who falls into all three camps, and that's when the mods tend to lose patience.

preda_king

Did u reply to me to nag me? Please admit to me, just this once that i have a point... go on... no one else is looking.

Luv PK:D

preda_king

ashawley
Super Moderator

As A previous owner or the 2nd gen ipod and a current owner of the 3rd gen ipod. I can say, without any doubt that the 2nd gen is better in both volume and sound quality.... Amen

;)

Jackonicko

Retired
Preda K,

You don't have a point, not even remotely, when you criticise these forums, overall.

Nor do you have a point when you accuse iPodlounge of having any institutional pro-Apple bias. If anything, the reverse is true.

That's not to say that the Lounge is perfect, nor even that there isn't room for constructive criticism. Who knows, we might even find that we agree sometimes?

I personally think that some of the Moderation can sometimes be a little over-zealous - but this is a US board and they have different standards and what we might see as 'robust discussion' they can sometimes interpret less leniently. With that in mind I think that you've got away very lightly!

You do obviously have a point in criticising the Volume limitation in the EU Gen 3 iPod, though you undermine your own case by the way you crap on and on and on and on and on about it, and by exaggerating and over-stating the difference.

KeaneE04

i personally would enjoy some of the by ipodlounge pictures on a shirt as shown on this page: http://ipodlounge.com/downloads_goodies.php

Ipod by night, Squares, hold, and Scroll Squares are my Favorite. (although scroll squares would make the best tshirt, it is easily my least favorite of the group.) So how bout it Dennis? A Scroll Squares T, available in Ipod White, Black, and metallic silver?

Website
www.iLounge.com
Hmm, good idea... I just need to see about how I can get those images transferred to a silk-screened t-shirt... I've used cafe-press.com before... but they didn't like me selling t's with the word iPod in the website name. ;) You know, I've been doing some macro photography of the new iPod for new desktop images and they aren't as 'sexy' as the classic iPods.