iTrip with Ephpod (NOT Musicmatch) ???

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

AHA

Website
www.alphasports.tv
I (finally) just got my iTrip but was VERY disappointed with its apparent reliance on MMJB -- the CD doesn't install if it doesn't find MMJB, which I refuse to use because it's such a bloated piece of crap (my opinion only!)

Anyone know if iTrip can be installed without MMJB? Otherwise I guess the only alternative is install MMJB long enough to get the frequency playlists onto the device, then flush MMJB right away...

leonthepro

yeah...it's easy.
Just close the pop-up screen you get when you put the itrip cd in.
Click on your cd drive, explore it until you find 'US', 'Japan' and 'all' folders. These contain all the mp3s for the itrip stations.

eliveight

so do you just add these as songs in ephpod? i tried this and when i select one of the stations on my ipod, it keeps going through the whole #### list... any help?

Gunner

If you read the instructions for setting the station you will see that the way to do this is to play the frequency you want... when you see the light on the itrip start to blink then pause the unit. After programming is complete press menu and select some music. Not too complicated really.

Gargantuan

Website
www.gargantuan.tk
Cool thanks for everybody's input on this. I just got my iPod last week, and it was formatted for the Mac, but I use Windows XP. My iTrip just came in today, and was wondering if I'd have to install MMJB. Thanks to you guys, I didn't have to. :)