iTrip 3G update

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

iamaustin

Website
www.austina.net
iTrip 3G

I was talking to my friend at griffin technologies, and i found out what the delay for the itrip was. Here is the conversation.

me: you guys are waiting for an updated firmware from apple arent you
him: hehe :)
him: the secret is out it seems
him: we're waiting for ipod update
him: it will kick out the power we need

So... it seems a new firmware version is in the works as well. I cant wait, not for the iTrip, but maybe this means the launch of iTunes for windows as well.

Last edited:

iamaustin

Website
www.austina.net
Update:

him: and I know for a fact they finally fixed the annoying background sound
me: the high pitched tone?
him: apparently the ipod's power supply was causing it
him: yeah

jasonmccabe

yeah we knew this like a month ago...........now it's going to be September before we see this thing.

iamaustin

Website
www.austina.net
Didnt see mention of it...

Edit: After using the search functions there was little mention of it, and most mentions did not mention why an update was needed.

And btw, No there will not be a stations menu, its simply a voltage fix.

Jason i believe you confused my post to be something that was pointing out the delay in the iTrip

Last edited:

jh-retired

Hmm... I hope this extra power output doesn't translate to shorter battery life. Perhaps it detects the iTrip before enabling the "voltage fix"?

thenightfly42

Well, Jason might have known it. I'd only heard rumours about the firmware update, so I appreciated the posting, Austin.

jasonmccabe

iamaustin said:
Didnt see mention of it...

Edit: After using the search functions there was little mention of it, and most mentions did not mention why an update was needed.

And btw, No there will not be a stations menu, its simply a voltage fix.

Jason i believe you confused my post to be something that was pointing out the delay in the iTrip
No..My post was about the Griffin guy telling me they were waiting for updated firmware from apple.
Whatever...it's all good, well not really because we won't see this thing for another month at least!

Impulse29

Does this mean the the iTrips are ready to ship, but they wait for Apple to release the firmware? or does the iTrip need to be modified to work with the new firmware?

iamaustin

Website
www.austina.net
The iTrips have not been manafactured yet, i believe my friend said they would begin manfacturing in a few days. He also said they are working on a tweaked version of the hardware

jasonmccabe

Impulse29 said:
Does this mean the the iTrips are ready to ship, but they wait for Apple to release the firmware? or does the iTrip need to be modified to work with the new firmware?

The new iTrips ARE made and were ready to ship.......then Apple contacted Griffin and told them to wait.

iamaustin

Website
www.austina.net
jasonmccabe said:
The new iTrips ARE made and were ready to ship.......then Apple contacted Griffin and told them to wait.

No they are not, they have not yet been manafactured. They started either friday or sometime this week

him: well I know for a fact they're not being made yet
him: because when they're created and put together they're also placed in packaging at the same time
him: and I've yet to appove and release the next itrip installer for the new itrips, so they're not being made nor have they been

Oh, and:
him: also the new itrip audio control tones will be half the size

Last edited:

ZoidbergD

iamaustin said:
Update:

him: and I know for a fact they finally fixed the annoying background sound
me: the high pitched tone?
Are you talking about the high-pitched "squeals" that you hear when you hold up the iPod to your ear?

leonthepro

sounds like excellent news, the itrip definatley needed more power as the strength of the transmission was too weak to make the product actually useful/effective.

brian4610

what is the difference from the 'belkin' fm transmitter, and the itrip?

jasonmccabe

iamaustin said:
No they are not, they have not yet been manafactured. They started either friday or sometime this week

him: well I know for a fact they're not being made yet
him: because when they're created and put together they're also placed in packaging at the same time
me: and you didnt finish your software yet did you
him: and I've yet to appove and release the next itrip installer for the new itrips, so they're not being made nor have they been
me: slacker

jason, please stop telling people things that you do not know. I am trying to inform them about the TRUE situation, and you are telling them about what you think might be.

Oh, and:
him: also the new itrip audio control tones will be half the size :p
Yo!
Listen....the guy I talked to at Griffin told me that the new iTrips were made and were going to be shipped until Apple told them to wait.
What's your deal? Why is your info so special? Are you telling me that the guy I know at Griffin was lying to me? Maybe we should meet up and talk about this? :mad:

iamaustin

Website
www.austina.net
Customer Service reps will tell whatever makes the customer stop asking questions. Im asking someone who i personally know, he is more likely to tell me the truth than a customer service rep is to you

Last edited:

jasonmccabe

iamaustin said:
haha, whatever... im just sharing what my insider has told me instead of what someone may have heard from a customer service rep
I guess you are just the really cool guy with the really cool special info that nobody else will ever get..........thank GOD you are here to bless us with your special info.
How could I be so stupid to think I had better info then you...shame on me!
:rolleyes: