Items on Nano not showing up in iTunes.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

GeorgeTKE

I have a 7th gen iPod Nano and after updating my podcasts I discovered that 21 episodes were not deleted. I looked in iTunes and the podcasts do not show up as being on my iPod, as viewed through iTunes, but they are listed on my iPod. How do I delete the content off my iPod if it doesn't show up in iTunes? Thank you!

cjmnews

Staff member
This sounds like you are on manual sync. If so, then locate the podcasts on your iPod through iTunes and delete them by selecting them and pressing the delete key.

If you are on auto-sync, then re-syncing should erase them. If not, try a restore.

GeorgeTKE

Yes, I backed everything up on Wednesday. I am on manual sync, but according to iTunes, when I look at the podcasts listed on my device, the screen shows no podcasts. eject and look at the device, podcasts. Are you suggesting I delete the podcasts from my iTunes library? I know if you delete something from iTunes, the next time you sync your device to iTunes it will also be deleted.

cjmnews

Staff member
You will need to be sure you are clicking on your iPod (the last icon in the list of section icons).
Then from there navigate to your Podcasts (use the lower sections, not the section icons).
Then you can see the podcasts on your iPod, select them and press the delete key to remove them.

GeorgeTKE

iPod is plugged in and I have iTunes open. I clicked on the little device icon at the end of the row on the top left. I go down to the podcast button under "On my device". I click on podcast and it shows me that there are no podcasts on my device. I eject my device, go to podcasts on my device and there are 21 episodes listed. So what is this? I have already tried asking Apple for help, but since I have owned this for at least two years, I am out of warranty for assistance.

GeorgeTKE

Really? well that's a day I am going to need to take...any idea how this coulda happened?

cjmnews

Staff member
That should take 30 minutes.

Sometimes things get out of sync, and an iPod need to be restored to resolve issues.

This is why those people that store their music on iPods only are very silly.

GeorgeTKE

Well the reset and restore worked, everything was removed...thanks everyone.