Issues with iTunes 7 (Mac or PC) - please post them here!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Status
Not open for further replies.

stu_m_uk

ok! I shall venture to go back to Itunes 6 when I get home then. In theory if I save a copy of a playlist with my most recently played since I upgraded once I've added the music back that I'll lose I can get the play counts back to they are at the moment, yes I am that geeky!!!!!

Thanks for your help

Westmar

Radio Messiah
Website
www.wildwildwestmar.com
stu_m_uk said:
ok! I shall venture to go back to Itunes 6 when I get home then. In theory if I save a copy of a playlist with my most recently played since I upgraded once I've added the music back that I'll lose I can get the play counts back to they are at the moment, yes I am that geeky!!!!!

Thanks for your help

Wish I woulda thought of that ahead of time. :(

Cuz, yep. I'm just as "geeky". :D

jk1169

johntheotherjohn
Westmar said:
If you have done any importing or purchasing of music since you installed iTunes 7 or if you have played any songs, this method will leave you with the music and play counts (and Recently Played) that you had AT THE TIME you installed iTunes 7.

I went thru a nightmare yesterday when I realized I had lost about 8 days worth of play counts. Yes, it's somewhat of a big deal to me. But it's also a small price to pay to get rid of this piece of junk iTunes 7. And obviously, the music I had imported and purchased during the 8 day period was still on my hard drive, I just had to reimport it.
I purchases a video when using iTunes7 and reimported it when I reverted to iTunes6. When I tried to put it in my iPod I got a message saying that the import was not possible because the video was downloaded with a newer version of iTunes. Minutes later, when I tried to import a video that I bought a few weeks ago (before installing & uninstalling iTunes7) to my iPod, I got a message telling me that the video had been installed on too many machines, though it hasn't left my hard drive.

Westmar

Radio Messiah
Website
www.wildwildwestmar.com
jk1169 said:
I purchases a video when using iTunes7 and reimported it when I reverted to iTunes6. When I tried to put it in my iPod I got a message saying that the import was not possible because the video was downloaded with a newer version of iTunes. Minutes later, when I tried to import a video that I bought a few weeks ago (before installing & uninstalling iTunes7) to my iPod, I got a message telling me that the video had been installed on too many machines, though it hasn't left my hard drive.

Jeez. I don't have any videos (older ipod) so I can't tell you for sure what the deal is or how to rectify it.

Poor Apple, so little time and so many people's lives to mess with. :shake:

petewilmot

i tunes version 7 ..big problems

I recently updated the i tunes to version 7 ...since then I cannot start i tunes up it comes up with an error message (Ox666D743F) saying it cant open i tunes...tried to uninstall that version ad re install 6 but it wont accept it as it says a more recent version has been installed .. seems its stalemate

Any one got any solutions please

thanks
Pete

Zeppelin13

Laer said:
Nah. I've gone so far (with past versions) as to uninstall iTunes, delete it, do a registry sweep, etc...basically removing every trace of it from my system and doing a fresh install to solve a problem. Music loss was never an issue, since the actual music files aren't in the same place and they aren't being touched. Unless you keep your music files in a spot other than the default, iTunes should find them no-sweat. Otherwise you *might* have to point it in the right direction but once you do, that's all it'll take to make everything nice.

Thanks a lot!

ctg115

I'm about to try the rollback from 7 to 6, 7 is just completely worthless to me and I'm tired of trying to fix it. I thought this screen at the Apple sight was amusing, look at the top download.

I can't believe they released this thing, what a joke.

james00

iTunes 7.0 Won't Transfer New Videos to Gen 5.0 ipod

This is so frustrating. It tells me that my ipod does not have the most recent software, and that therefore, some items could not be transferred to the iPod. Well, it says on the Summary Page that my ipod is up to date, so I don't know what to do.

Exactly what does it not transfer? All videos that I've bought in the last month or so (probably after Apple increased the resolution on the videos).

Help!

-J

iHeart

stuck on the lounge
Westmar said:
The only problem with this method is this:

If you have done any importing or purchasing of music since you installed iTunes 7 or if you have played any songs, this method will leave you with the music and play counts (and Recently Played) that you had AT THE TIME you installed iTunes 7.

I went thru a nightmare yesterday when I realized I had lost about 8 days worth of play counts. Yes, it's somewhat of a big deal to me. But it's also a small price to pay to get rid of this piece of junk iTunes 7. And obviously, the music I had imported and purchased during the 8 day period was still on my hard drive, I just had to reimport it.

But BEWARE, fyi.
yeah sorry i 4got to put that in, i had the same problem, except it took me two weeks to figure out how the hell to go back to 6. so i lost 2 weeks of play counts from winamp, and i tried to find a way to convert them over to itunes, but no dice. surely theres some way to change playcounts via the ID tags or sumthin???

Aceon6

Barca Lounger
Thread too long to really find this, but I found my first (after two weeks) problem. I have 5 music videos from the iTunes store. The three older ones play perfectly on my PC. The two newer ones display as jumpy lines. The two new ones cause my memory usage to go WAY up and start messing up the machine.

In the Itunes7 orgniazation scheme, the three older ones are in "Video" the two newer ones are in "Music" Nothing I do to the tags gets all 5 into the same place.

All 5 play fine on the iPod, although the older 3 are listed as Movies. Weird, eh?

jlb

I had been pretty good since the "upgrade" to 7. I have a Dell from about 1.5 years ago. A basic desktop with a moderate amount of memory (I think it is either 512 or 1gb, I forget).

Last night I had my first issue, but it seemed minor and was recoverable easily.....

I purchased Ladylike by Storm Large and the Balls. It was almost done downloading and once it got to processing the album art, iTunes crashed. When I restarted iTunes, the purchased song wasn't there. I went to "Check for Purchased Music" and it said all music was downloaded. So I checked the library itself on my C drive and it was there. So I just dragged the song into my library in iTunes and it was fine.

I agree that this version is causing a lot of headaches for many people. I think I have been lucky....maybe it is because we don't run a lot on our machine. Who knows. But I will stick with it and wait for the update as I would rather not do the process to revert back to 6.05 (?).

andy2808

Is it me or can you not directly create playlists for ipods (mines a mini) on itunes 7? On my previous version you just selected the ipod on the left, then pressed the playlist button or shift +playlist for smart playlist and it would be created, so it appears with the others on the list under ipod. Now it just puts it at the bottom with those on the computer only. Why!!!!! It Used To Work!

This is a problem for me as my music is only on the ipod and i manage it manually.

Try it for yourself!

Last edited:

Inforne Complex

Strange song title renaming issue in iTunes

My post isn't garnering any responses so I'll post it here as well:

"I'm having an odd error with my Itunes 7. Randomly some of my songs will rename and include the Artist in the Song Title tag. It happens to only a small amount of my library and I have tried checking the id3 tags. I've had this issue in the past, it is not specific to iTunes 7 at all. Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Specs: Windows XP SP2
iTunes 7.0.0.70
2 Gigs Ram
30 gig video ipod (5g)

Take a look below:"

napalm68

Maybe their is a mismatch between the v1 and v2 tags, or there is an extra artist tag in use in the v2 tags (eg, the original artist tag).

Status
Not open for further replies.