Issues with iTunes 7 (Mac or PC) - please post them here!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyL

My Conclusion Was The Same As Yours

Unfortunately, when I went to reinstall version 6, it said the database was set by a more recent version. I don't feel like screwing around with it.

This is a big enough problem that I'm sure apple will fix it. Meanwhile, I'll use iTunes just to sync my iPod and WMP for playing over the speakers...till they do.

Cheers
Kenny

k2salomon

I've also experienced the same problem since installing itune7 on my computer. my surround sound works for everything but itunes.

R

Randombob

edibletarget, thats exactly the same with me. itunes 6 never did that with me.

mike770

Same here.... It has done that to me as a song was playing and I go scrolling through iTunes to search for another song. :confused:

capitanbuzo

Now, when i play videos on Itunes 7 the video becomes yellow and has weird effects added to them. This never happened before on Itunes 6. It appears to be very bright.

fadetowhite

gadgeteer
I upgraded to v7 and waited excitedly while it updated songs for gaps and artwork. Once it was done, I chose my "Purchased" playlist and went to browse by Cover Art to see the fanciness and I got this error:

"iTunes is unable to browse album covers on this computer."

in white over grey, where the cover art browser should be. No additional information.

I'm running Windows XP Home SP2 on a P4 2.66ghz with 1.28gb RAM. All recent updates to my video driver, DirectX, QuickTime, and so forth installed. I have 64mb of shared video memory.

micrors4racer

Anyone know why, my iTunes keeps on crashing after the update. While its checking the gapless playback a windows crash error comes up and then i have to open up itunes again. If i cancel the gapless searching thing, it works fine.

EDIT: As soon as i open it now it gives me a windows crash box.

ipodmusicman

I only use iTunes to download and listen to podcasts. Now I am seeing that the progress bar when downloading a podcast is not working at all. It just shows the Apple logo. The same occurs when iTunes checks for now podcasts. The orange indicators show that it is downloading or checking for a podcast, but nothing in the status window.

This is pathetic!

body electric

how do you turn off "determining gapless playback information"?
It's making my life slow :(
hehe

fadetowhite

gadgeteer
body electric said:
how do you turn off "determining gapless playback information"?
It's making my life slow :(
hehe
Just let it go through your library once and that should be it, no? Except for when you add more tunes.

Marcust99

iTunes7 Won't Play

Ok this sucks ROTTON eggs. I just upgraded to iTunes7 and the damn thing won't play anything. I click on a song and nothing happens. When I insert a CD, it gets the tracknames and asks me if I want to import it, but won't play a CD either. GRRR. Reboot didn't help either. Now I'm faced with tracking down an older 6.x version and trying to re-install that.

marbletulip

fadetowhite said:
I got this error:

"iTunes is unable to browse album covers on this computer."

in white over grey, where the cover art browser should be. No additional information.
I'm having the same problem.

Everything else with version 7 is working great, and all of my album artwork, both old and new (post-install of v7) loads up fine in the other browse functions. When I use the new scroll feature with the artwork loading up small next to each album, it loads fine.

I have artwork assigned to maybe 20% of my collection. I installed v7 on my girlfriend's laptop and her Cover Flow feature works just fine. I'm at a loss.

The newest version of Quicktime (7.1.3) that came with v7 works great on its own outside of iTunes.

toastjam

Website
www.macshak.net
I had the same thing happen to me last night after installing the new Itunes. It's wierd, I could do as many as 4 songs but never the whole list of songs. I think it may have to do with the file size because some of the longer songs I could only add 2 files at a time.

landmark

Sound cuts out

For me, I'm having a problem that when I'm playing a song in iTunes 7, every minute or so the song stops playing. Well really, the song is still playing because the diamond at the bar keeps moving, just there's no sound. If I pause and then press play again, it works ok for a while, but needless to say, this is annoying.

landmark

I unchecked the "sound enhancer" in playback preferences, and it seemed to help. For those of you who are having sound/speaker problems, maybe you have this option checked and need to uncheck it.

ChrisMatchett

Junior Sanchez
Website
sealpup.plus.com
Cross posted from this thread: http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?p=987055&posted=1#post987055

For applying album art from a web site to multiple tracks at once do the following:

1. Visit discogs or amazon or other source of album art
2. in Firefox, Inter Explorer or other RIGHT-CLICK the image
3. Choose Copy Image (FFx) or Copy(MSIE)
4. in iTunes 7 select the tracks
5. Right-click and Get Info
6. RIGHT-CLICK in the square Album Art box
7. Choose PASTE
8. Click OK

Status
Not open for further replies.