Issues with Camera Roll after 4.1 upgrade

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

nmajdan

I upgraded my mother's iPhone 4 to the 4.1 software and it messed up her Camera Roll images. The images in another folder are fine, but the Camera Roll images all appear black. I have not yet been back over to her house to attempt a Restore, but I was wondering if anybody has encountered this and if they know of another solution. Also, I do not have an iPhone myself, but I am assuming after I restore, all contact and images will stay on there. Correct?

Attachments

durrson

Website
www.tomrobson.com
Don't stress, I had the exact same problem but with a different cause so your outcome may be different to mine.

This happened on mine when I deleted pictures wirelessly over SSH. - When I returned to see what I had hoped to be an empty camera roll I got the grid of black squares you have.

I reckon I deleted my pictures but something in the software hung on to space where the image was.

My solution was to delete the grid (since I had already backed up my pix), to do this:

Press the "select photos" arrow (top right) and you'll have the option to delete the grid by pressing and selecting the dark area where your pix were before.

This, unfortunately will also probably delete the pictures in the camera roll.