iSound Free MP3's

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

bdb

On the B side of life
Cool I thought you said insound.com - they also have a ton of free MP3s (and strangely enough aren't in the consolidated list...Audrey?).

TheJosher

Music Is Your Friend.
Website
www.thejosher.net
Nice.

I've been looking to start supporting more indie bands, instead of the big labels and the RIAA. Any suggestions in the punk/alternative/rock genre?

Josh

bdb

On the B side of life
My favorite is Pinback. Its not a band that really blew me away the first time I listened to them, but I never get tired of their music. Some By Sea also has some great music, and you can taste-test them from various sites (including somebysea.com).

Other good ones, varying levels of indie-ness: Death Cab for Cutie, the Thrills, the Strokes, the Shins, the Decemberists, Bloc Party, Rogue Wave, the Zutons, Spoon, Minus the Bear (no particular order).

Another site I'd like to mention is sonicx.com. They don't have any music of their own, but they link to several free/legal services. Indie-pendence.com also has some good picks. Epitonic is a good site for finding one artist that is similar to one you like. And of course eMusic is a good way to pay for some of this once you find what you like.

And always check out the artists' label web sites. Indie labels are a complete 180 from big labels - they often post MP3s and sometimes are the cheapest way to buy the CD. Even if the price is the same, buying direct from the label cuts out the retailers' huge percentages. You'll even get a thank-you e-mail from the band sometimes! Indie labels just seem to give a crap about their customers, which is a nice change from big labels.

Last edited:

bdb

On the B side of life
If you're automatically sync'ing, download it and save it in what iTunes says is your music fold (check your Preferences).