iSkin...

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Microchips

I loveed my iSkin, until I noticed something today.

It had made a small, shallow dent in the back of my iPod where the belt clip attachment is.

Oh well. Such is life.

Last Ipod

Did you have the clip attached? Or did it happen even without the clip actually on it?

Either way I wouldn't say it's the Iskins fault in as much as it's Apple's for making the Ipod so #### fragile. :(

Seems all you have to do is look @ it the wrong way & it gets scratched or dented.

I don't & won't use the current Iskins clip design as it is now. Seems too risky that it will let your Ipod fall.

Sorry to hear about your dent, I've only had my Ipod for a couple of weeks & luckly have avoided any damages....... so far.

Lajo

Banned
Website
www.lajo.biz
I wear my iPod during the day with the zip case and belt clip or the exo case and belt clip and I have not experienced that problem. Could you give me a little more information about the dent, how long have you been using the case with the belt clip, have you used the belt clip during sports or jogging and it would be very helpful if you could post a picture.

iPodFreak

Obsessed iPodder
Website
www.xanga.com
yeah.. i agree with lastipod... they really make the ipod WAAY too fragile.. it's just like a rose.. fragile and beautiful.. the only difference? roses can manage being put on a table without guard... lol! i wouldn't doubt it if one of these days someone gets a scratch from a strong wind.. lol

bennok

Website
them.ws
I probably wouldn't blame apple for a case that can put a dent in the back of it. Yes, it's fragile, but its still a great design, and a case shouldn't put a dent in it without some work!

Don't get me wrong, I love the iSkin, but this is definitely something that needs to be looked into.

If I had to guess, it was maybe placed between two things with pressure on the area of the belt clip for some time.

Payton

I'm sort of confused about the belt clip stud on the back of the iSkin, maybe someone can clear this up for me...

Is it removable? or is it permanently attached to the skin?

KraziKid

If I don't plan on using the clip ever, can I remove the metal disk that's inside the silicone? I already removed the screw, but it would be nice to know if I can remove the disk as well without damaging the case. I do not care if I can reinsert it.

Bugs

I've thought about just cutting (like connect the dots) between the inner circle of holes around the metal belt clip ring. It wouldn't really hurt anything and even allow more air to the back of the ipod itself. To cut out just the ring itself might leave it too sloppy looking I think.... I haven't done it yet though.. anyone else wanna try it first and tell me what you think?

:)

iPod Master

you can take off the whole belt clip thingy. are you sure it was the belt clip that made the dent? maybe u dropped something on it. imageing a non fragile ipod. it would be alot less cooler if it were more durable. you would get the crative labs nomad zen or the dell. come on. the ipod is sooo cool looking with its fragile material. just take care of it better.