iSkin Wild Sides?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

MoonlitShadow

iSkin Wild Sides for 30 GB Photo?

I want to get one of the iSkin Wild Sides for my 30 GB Photo. I'm unsure which size to get though. I noticed their site recommends Size A, BUT also lists the 30 GB under Size B. I'm wondering if size B may fit too loose. My previous skin fit a bit to loose, and got caught between the headphone cable and jack and ripped recently. So I do want a snug fit, but not something that'll be extremely tight either. Can anyone who has one of the Wild Sides (or maybe even a solid evo2) on a 30 GB Photo recommend which size would be best to use?

Last edited:

Spud8

Freshman Lounger
I have a 30 gig photo and i ordered the ghost evo 2 size A
I read under customer suppoert on their site that size a will fit the 30 gig. When i get mine il probably post on here to explain the size and stuff like that

wytwolf

I have the "Ghost" glow in the dark iskin, which is the same size as wild sides. The Size A (20GB) iskin fits perfectly. The 30GB photo is only a hair larger then the 20GB so i doesn't make a difference.

They have the 30GB under size A and both the 40 & 60 under Size B. There is no 30BG under size B .

Last edited:

MoonlitShadow

Thanks to both of you for the info. I figured it was size A, because I know the 30 GB isn't much larger than the 20 GB, but I just wanted to check so I could be sure. What I was referring to when I said the 30 GB was also listed under size B was the following part that I saw on the site: "Size B: For iPod 30/40 GB..." That's why I considered the 30 mentioned twice. I really appreciate you guys clarifying that for me though.:) It turns out that I might not be able to get one for a while anyway since I was going to get one in Rebel. I saw after my post that those are sold out.

wytwolf said:

They have the 30GB under size A and both the 40 & 60 under Size B. There is no 30BG under size B .

Sjoerd007

same here, i was gonna order Rebel for my Ipod Photo 30GB
but unfortunatly they were sold out and will be availible again by the end of may, 1 question i havnt had any experience with iSkin cases, is it difficult to get your ipod in or out?

MoonlitShadow

Sjoerd007 said:
same here, i was gonna order Rebel for my iPod Photo 30GB
but unfortunatly they were sold out and will be availible again by the end of may, 1 question i havnt had any experience with iSkin cases, is it difficult to get your ipod in or out?
I wouldn't really be able to answer that question, because I hadn't any experience with them myself yet either. My last case was an eXo with a bit thinner silicone that accidently got torn. The main reason I wanted to get a Wild Slide specifically is I know that it comes with the wheelcap and screen protector all together. I'm sure they're not any harder to put on than any of the other skins out there though. I'm going to see if I can order one in Rebel elsewhere online. If I find any other options, I'll come back and post links here.

Spud8

Freshman Lounger
I wanted to get a Wild Slide specifically is I know that it comes with the wheelcap and screen protector all together.
I got my normal skin, and even though it says that the free wheel protector deal is gone, i still got one. If you have ab ipod photo, i dont think that the colored screen protector will do you much good, but i think that the wild sides come with a clear one for photo users.

anyways...

just got my iskin ghost for a 30 gig photo. i think it is relatively easy to get it in and out, and easy to put on the screen and wheel proetectors. I dont know about the clip, cus i just took it off becuase of all the bad things i have heard about them(easily broken and melting to the ipod..)

dharmabum420

I've got a Wild Side for the iPod Photo 60gb. It came with both a coloured and a clear screen protector (obviously, I use the clear, but the coloured one is a neat idea for non-Photo users).

It's a bit of a stretch. It doesn't fit quite as nicely as the Evo for my old 3g iPod did. It's clearly meant for both the 4g and the Photo, and the Photo's a tiny bit thicker.

That said, it's perfectly fine in terms of usability, there's just a small gap all the way around the screen protector. The click wheel protector is a perfect fit, no problems using iTrip/iTalk etc. on top, all that.

It's a bit of a pain to get it in and out at first, but it actually gets better as the skin gets used (all silicon protectors seem to be like this). At first it's sticky, but as some dust and stuff gets inside the case it slips in quickly. It's not as quick to get the case, click wheel protector and screen protector in as it was on my 3g (a few seconds), but on the other hand, my 3g protector left the scroll wheel and the 4 buttons unprotected.

Bear in mind that you'll have to take it out of the case every time you plug it in to charge, as heat dissipation is much more crucial while charging. I don't bother taking it out of the case for a quick sync, though.

I found the belt clip on my old Evo scratched the back. I don't bother with the belt clip anymore, since I never really clipped it on my belt anyway, but the one on the Wild Side seems softer and less likely to leave marks.

I've looked at lots of other cases, and while some seem to be better in terms of the ease of getting the case in and out, or shock-proofing, none seem to offer the same level of protection while still letting you use accessories on top.

melsmusic

Bear in mind that you'll have to take it out of the case every time you plug it in to charge, as heat dissipation is much more crucial while charging. I don't bother taking it out of the case for a quick sync, though.
I never have taken my iskin off to charge. It says on their website it's safe to charge with the case on. I don't use the belt clip either and when I charged with it on I did find the plastic disc did stick.

I washed my iskin before use .... and wash it regularly.

Sjoerd007

okay sounds good :D i can't wait for the iSkin wild side Rebel to be back in stock...im gonna order one when its availible again :D