Is there a way to check whether an iPod has been used?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Max Dread

Hi all

There is someone selling an Ipod Classic 160gb. They say they bought it with good intentions of ripping/loading CDs, but never got round to it and as such it is pretty much as new and has never had songs loaded onto it.

Is there any way I would be bale to check the iPod to see whether this is definitely the case or not?

I imagined not, but thought I'd ask on the off chance...

Cheers

Max

kornchild2002

Well, one sure fire way is to see if the package has been opened. You can also try plugging it in and seeing if any content has been loaded to it. Lastly, if you browse the iPod's content through Explorer (not to be confused with the craptastic Internet Explorer), you can see when folders were created/modified. Any modern date (like 2013) would indicate that they at least plugged the iPod into their computer. You can also do a physical inspection of the iPod as you'll be able to see small marks in the headphone adapter and the 30-pin dock connector from the metal-on-metal contact.

There are no "sure fire" ways to check though, everything I listed will only give you an indication that something might be happening.

Max Dread

Hi

It is "as new" rather than new, so it has def been opened. Just apparently had no music ever loaded onto it. I will check with explorer and itunes (I'm going to take a laptop round to plug it into). But i guess there is no way of telling whether there used to be music on it which has since been wiped off.

I did ask about the back, because - as i understand it - they scratch VERY easily. Apparently there are no scratches, just the odd finger mark from being picked up. So if the back buffs up as new, i guess that would be a good sign.

Did not think to check the ports. I'll do that. Thanks for the tip.

Mr kornchild2002..... Thank you so much for all the helpful responses you have given me over the last couple fo weeks. I really appreciate it.

Max