Is there a dictionary app for the iPod?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

PurpleMuffinSunrise

My mom's purse was stolen with her iPod nano, as well as an electronic Russian-English dictionary.
I am thinking of getting her an iPod touch to replace both items. Does the iPod touch have a good dictionary application? I am specifically interested in Russian-English.

p3ezi

yeah

if you jailbreak it there is the merriam dictionary and there is also a app called wedict

Touchmyipod

Livin' & Lovin' in SoCal
Website
www.epk.tv
p3ezi said:
if you jailbreak it there is the merriam dictionary and there is also a app called wedict
Or you dont have to jailbreak at all, and download weDict from the app store(free), or the several other dictionaires(cost).

There's two sides, ya dont need to jailbreak for everything, besides, jailbreaking isnt that great. My touch is jailbroken on 2.0, its nothing special, unless you want a picture in the background so you can look cool to others for a tenth of a second...

PurpleMuffinSunrise

Well, since it's for my mom, i have no desire to jailbreak it.
Thanks for the weDict suggestion, that seems to be what i am looking for.

I'll see if i can play with that app in an Apple store.

p3ezi

sounds good doesn't it

that is right but the way I see it...I bought my ipod back in January for $500 with the 3 year warranty. I hated that I had to pay that $20 for the 5 other apps which really wasnt nothing. Now 2.0 came out and it wants me to pay $10 more. And after that updates I get charged for everything else that I want. so yeah apple got the money I paid then. Long Live The Jailbreak

Touchmyipod

Livin' & Lovin' in SoCal
Website
www.epk.tv
p3ezi said:
that is right but the way I see it...I bought my ipod back in January for $500 with the 3 year warranty. I hated that I had to pay that $20 for the 5 other apps which really wasnt nothing. Now 2.0 came out and it wants me to pay $10 more. And after that updates I get charged for everything else that I want. so yeah apple got the money I paid then. Long Live The Jailbreak

Long live being cheap too!

we're talking about apps on average being a dollar, with more expensive ones probably averaging 7.99....gosh