• Please note that signatures and avatars on iLounge are only available after reaching certain membership thresholds.

Signatures

In order to be able to have a signature, users must have been a member for 7 days and have accumulated 10 posts.

Avatars are reserved for only the most senior of iLounge forum members. Users will not be able to use an avatar until they have been a member for a minimum of one year, and accumulated 1,500 posts. This is considered the Veteran Lounger level of membership.

A note on post whoring...

We welcome and encourage our members to make valuable and useful contributions to the iLounge forums, and to have fun, socialize, and actively participate in discussions on the forums. However, as per the Forum Policy, we will not tolerate excessive and unnecessary posting. Posting inane and pointless messages solely to increase one's post count in the hopes of reaching a higher membership level will be dealt with by the forum staff. Unnecessary posts may be subject to removal, and persisting in this behaviour will result in post counts being reduced and any further action being taken as deemed necessary.

• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Is the post count transferrable?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Wolfman200

I just noticed that most of the administrators and moderators still have their old post counts. Is there any way for us to do this?

BTW, the new forums look great!:)

Bob

Retired
Website
forums.ilounge.com
Tom agreed to the following criteria for the transfer of post counts following the topic being raised on the old forum.

I will accept post count transfer requests after these old forums are locked to read-only only for members who have 3 or more stars (i.e., have 100 or more posts) or have been a member of iPodlounge for six months or more as of the day the old forums are locked.

And, again, I'll see how many requests I get and determine if this is going to be manageable.

Last edited:

rfaison

I'm casting my vote for transferring the count - presuming it doesn't involve an outrageous amount of work.

I ask myself "why it matters?" - and confess that it's hard to say. But having enjoyed the Lounge for a while (I think for longer than 6 months, but it may be close) and watching my post count grow as I raised questions and then began having some info to contribute too (but trying not to post simply to bump up the count) - it's kind of a pain to start over at '1'.

But - in the larger scheme of things and issues in life - this is just barely even worth mentioning (lest you think I have no perspective whatsoever!!).

Again I say - the Lounge is a great place. I'm learning my way around it's new home.

While I'm chiming in with various $.02's - one difference I notice is that here the 'user name' is the name appearing on posts. I liked having the option on the old board of having a different posting name. Perhaps I didn't read the directions carefully enough when I registered here - but I don't see that a different name is an option here - mild bummer (and weren't the smilies in color on the old board?).

Kenny

Super Man
Frankly, I dont think it matters all that much.
But if they're going to transfer postcounts for some people (which they have already), I think they should do it for everyone (so long as they've met those requirements).

Bob

Retired
Website
forums.ilounge.com
At the moment there are 852 members on this board.
There were 6983 members on the old xsorbit board.
The post counts for moderators were transferred during the initial setup and trial of the new board.
Someone had to make sure it was working before it became live.
There were only 6 "staff" details to move over. This was all done during the initial setup.
Tom has volunteered to transfer post counts of members who meet a set criteria, and only if it is manageable.
As to how much work is involved only Tom will be able to say - if it turns into a mammoth task then he may decide against it.
I hope you all realise we are part-timers here and cannot spend hours moving info across - the divorce rate would soar!!!

We will do our best but ask for your understanding in the matter.

Bob

rfaison

You all definitely have my understanding in navigating the various tasks of transferring the board. I know that the transfer itself has been done in order to attain some greater goods - its inevitable that along the way there will be some changes & shifts - all things won't be like they used to be, which is guaranteed to stir up the populace in varying degrees :) .

Please read my previous post as simply a statement of my, admittedly self-serving, preferences. Granted my participation has been relatively short, since last fall, but I've seen enough to have great confidence in those who run the place.

Last edited:

m.r.m.

rfaison said:
You all definitely have my understanding in navigating the various tasks of transferring the board. I know that the transfer itself has been done in order to attain some greater goods - its inevitable that along the way there will be some changes & shifts - all things won't be like they used to be, which is guaranteed to stir up the populace in varying degrees :) .

Please read my previous post as simply a statement of my, admittedly self-serving, preferences. Granted my participation has been relatively short, since last fall, but I've seen enough to have great confidence in those who run the place.
:)

no worries, mate! ;)