Is the iSkin enough protection?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

KraziKid

I am eagerly awaiting for my iSkin to arrive tomorrow and was wondering if it enough protection. I keep my iPod in my pocket, and take it out only to turn it on, or switch the music. Do you all think that the iSkin offers enough protection so that I can leave my iPod in my pocket without fear of anything happening? The reason I ask is because the scroll wheel and buttons are exposed without protection. I am also waiting for my 3G iTrip to arrive as well. Does the iTrip fit while the iPod is in the iSkin? Thanks in advance for your help.

Also, I think I should mention I ordered it from thinkdifferentstore.com. It is supposed to come with the Maclear case and the iShade. I found this link, and noticed that this person cut up his maclear to fit within the iSkin. Has anyone here done this? Does it work better than the iSkin and iShade?

Last edited:

Evil Inside

Thanks for the link.

I've been looking for some images of iPods on the Exo cases.

I'd like to find out without a belt clip - does anyone make one?

Erty

Wow now I have a title!
Evil Inside you can remove the metal thing on the back easily.

wunderdave

the eXo case has been plenty of protection for my 'pod. You shouldn't worry about exposure of buttons because they can't be physically activated. They are only sensitive to the electrical field around human skin, not to pressure. The macclear case could be cut to fit inside (and due to the nature of static electricity and plastic it will conduct your button-presses) but I see no point to this, it's much more useful as a case for your wires and earbuds.

even if the iTrip won't fit on top of the ipod with the eXo skin on, it would be very easy to peel back the top of the skin because the silicon material it is made of is very flexible

Lezta

So the buttons won't get damaged and stuff from being in a pocket? They'll get dirty though...

stasyna

PeacePod
What an ugly clip, and the connection for it is nasty too.

Get a Marware case, so much nicer. I got a leather case, clip isnt big at all, and it comes off with ease.

KraziKid

SlutMonkey said:
If you are unsure about the protective qualities of the Exo, check out this thread:

http://www.ipodlounge.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13269&perpage=15&pagenumber=1
I don't doubt the protective qualities, but I was wondering if I should add another layer of protection. I never knew that the buttons and scroll wheel are activated by the electrical charge in your finger. So wunderdave, you're saying that if I put the iPod in my pocket without activating the hold switch, it should not turn on? The only reason I asked about the extra layer was, as previously stated, it can still get the buttons and touch pad dirty.