Is it synching in the true sense?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Chrisiam

Hi, I began synching yesterday as a way of putting music on my new generation 10G &20G iPods, after downloading the new version of MC9. I am still in awe of how good the new MC9 is, I could spend all day playing with it. But I have a few questions.

1: How can I tell which version I am using (in the opening window in still says 9). After installing, I noticed there are TWO new versions. Should I use the one that's in BETA (perhaps I am).

2: I use two iPods, so having the different playlists is a dream. I have also made some fun playlists. My q is, I thought that when I sync a second time, and exclude a playlist, I would expect it to disappear if it's not "checked" in the box to be included. But I tried this, and the songs from the first sync are still there. How would I therefore delete unwanted songs?

3: In some cases, the artist's name does not appear in the iPod window when playing back a song in a playlist.
In this case, the whole playlist doesn't show the artist name, but then in other playlists, the name appears.

Thanks again to J RIVER for the best, most exciting MC9 ever.

I love the fact that MC9 opens up when I plug in one or the other iPod. I've been complaining about recognition problems for 6 months, so to have it just open up is amazing.

Christopher

MonkeyIceCube

Website
www.monkeyicecube.com
Off the top of my head (i'm at work) so may be wrong...
1) Select Help>About - that should give you the absolute version.
2) There is a check box saying something like "remove if not in library" - this will remove playlists/songs from the iPod the next time you sync - providing you deselect them in MC9.
3) i can't help with - sorry

c.c.r.

MonkeyIceCube's right on, I'll back him up a bit here,

1. Help > About is 100% the way to go to find the version number.

2. On the sync dialogue box itself, where you're putting ticks in the boxes next to your playlists, there'll be two boxes in the space above the OK button. Put a tick in the "Delete files not in list" -- when sync is done, the only things that'll be on the iPod are the playlists and songs that you selected... everything else'll be gone.

3. Right-click your iPod in MC9. At the bottom of the context menu, there will be an expandable option, "Select Artist Field" or something like that (don't have my iPod handy to check). I suggest selecting "Artist" rather than the other two -- this way, whatever shows in each song's Artist field will be displayed on your iPod.

Cheers, and it's good to hear you're having such a wonderful time with your iPod and MC9!

ashawley

Website
www.
Oh, and a helpful little tip for ya Chrisiam since you have two iPods to sync.

I'm in the same boat, so what I did was create two Playlist Groups. Just right-click the Playlist tree item, select New Playlist Group, make one group for each iPod, name them whatever you like.

Then, put the playlists for each iPod in their respective groups.

When you sync, you should be able to select/deselect the Playlist Group to make all of the playlists within it get selected/deselected.

Just a little anal organization tip fer ya. ;)

Adam