Is It Possible to "chronologise" the music on my iPod?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

bigjohnny7

Hopefully you might be able to help me.

I'm relatively new to iPod - I've had a black 80GB for a couple of weeks now. I've now put all my CDs onto it and one small thing is bothering me.

If I click into Music then Artists, it will produce a list of all the bands on my iPod. If I then choose, for example, The Beatles, it will then produce a list of albums which are presented in alphabetical order (rather than chronological order, which I would prefer). This would mean that if I selected to play All, it would play them all in alphabetical order rather in order of release.

Is it possible to chronologise (if such a word exists) my music? I was thinking that I would just go and edit the name of the albums so I would have, for example, 1969 Abbey Road, 1970 Let It Be, etc.

However, this wouldn't always work with bands that have released more than 1 album per year (as they would then be listed in alphabetical order which may not necessarily be correct).

I'm sure there's probably a really easy way of getting around this? Does anybody have any ideas?

oobujoobu

You could organise the albums like this (assuming its UK albums you have)-

01 Please Please Me
02 With The Beatles
03 A Hard Days Night
04 Beatles For Sale

etc.

This is how I used to have mine organised, and it does the trick nicely.