Is it ok to use cellophane to protect the LCD?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

SergeArsenie

Spirit of the Squirrel
I hate getting LCD scratches, so is it ok to use cellophane on the iPod LCD? The same kind you would use on covering food.

kornchild2002

Yes you can but it doesn't work quite like you think it does. It would be better to get a pack of PDA LCD protectors. The surran wrap would work but you would need a case that pretty much covers all sides to the iPod to hold it in place (unless you use tape).

SergeArsenie

Spirit of the Squirrel
I used the original plastic cover that came w/ the iPod (Don't steal music thing) to make a lcd cover and carefully taped it from the sides. Is that ok?

and OH MY GOD... I dropped the iPod, and it wasn't playing. I was so scared, but the headphones weren't plugged it totally. It works fine and it has no dings, so I feel lucky and very thankful.

kornchild2002

The plastic covering is OK but it is hard and if something gets underneath of the cover it will scratch your iPod. That is why I recomend spending $15 on a 15 pack of LCD PDA protectors, you can use them to cover your whole iPod and they are soft and flexible (some of them, some are hard).