Is iPod Shuffle Waterproof?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

kornchild2002

Holy thread resurrection, Batman! Seriously though, unless he has had it treated someway, it is impossible for him to use an iPod shuffle (and non-water proof headphones) in a pool. There are treatments that can be done to devices like the iPod shuffle and even an iPad or iPhone that make them water resistant up to a certain depth and for a specific amount of time. However, those treatments cost more than the iPod shuffle is worth.

Either way, the iPod shuffle has been proven to not be water proof. One unknown experience with zero back-knowledge cannot undo years (7 years at this point) of experience and many more years (about 66) of scientists working with printed circuit boards and studying their reactivity with water (i.e. they die).

Rod Smith

Pretty good, I listen to iPod Shuffle all day in all weather for years with few problems.

landolfi

Not even sweatproof

I have the unfortunate distinction of having destroyed 2 1Gs and now a 4G shuffle. I apparently am one of the few numbskulls not to notice that the Sansa Clip is 8G with a color screen is the same price as the 4G Shuffle. No, I don't have many protected AACs, I stopped buying music from iTunes after 1G Shuffle 1 failed after 6 months and the warranty replacement 1G Shuffle 2 failed 4 months after that. I never even got a full year with the 1G.

As if I needed a lesson in Apple bureaucracy now that they are wildly successful, I bought the 4G because I heard its audio quality is on par with or close to the 1G. After 4 months of use, this one failed and I took it to the Apple Store, thinking it would be a simple exchange. After being told I needed a Genius Appointment, the "Genius" connected it to a MacBook with my cable and confirmed it wouldn't power on any more, but said they couldn't just replace it because it wasn't a "service part". Oh, that certainly explains it, thanks, Genius! So I would have to wait 3-5 business days and come back to pick it up, they couldn't even ship it to me. He added that hopefully it wasn't the charging cable or that would have to be replaced too. Hmmm. Maybe an exchange would solve that potential problem. Maybe he should have been taking notes on that iPad...I have some suggestions on how to provide much better customer service.

I am sure this Apple policy blew through the profit in the time it took the Genius to fill out the form on his iPad. Sad enough that the product is promoted for exercise but not waterproof, but then add insult to injury by making the customer wait several days and then come back and make another "Genius" appointment just to get the stupid thing. I am just glad I don't have any protected AACs that I care about.

Look, the shuffle is a piece of junk designed to get you addicted to iTunes music. It's a cheapo gateway drug. When it fails after you've bought some iTunes stuff, you're ensnared in the ecosystem. Brilliant but maddening.