Is iPod Shuffle Waterproof?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

ipodshuffler

i think if apple intended the shuffle to be waterproof, they wouldn't have made an apple waterproof shuffle case, that's what i think:rolleyes:

zip22

the front is pretty much waterproof (the button circle is held in place by a rubberish membrane).
the back siwtch is comletely open for water.
the headphone jack (i assume) isn't sealed.

so basically, probably for splashes and stuff it will be fine, but nowhere near waterproof.

i-yannick

Apple Bites
i have it immersed in my glass of coca-cola as i write this and eric clapton is still singing layla... wait... eric... eric? eric, don't stop singing... ERIIIIIIICCCCCCC!!!!

~tl

In the rain shouldn't be too much of a problem, as long as it doesn't get too wet. But it's not anywhere near waterproof, so try to limit it's exposure to water.

TOM

sugarnova

Just get an Otterbox for it.

PS- I am in no way affiliated with otterbox, etc, etc. I don't even use it, but I would if I needed waterproofing.

Last edited:

ottoveblin

Banned
swimman makes a waterproof shuffle. but i'll bet everything sounds nasty underwater.
and people who listen to music in the shower make me sad.

but other than that I have no opinions.

JudytheJazzCat

Hey ottoveblin, I'd never heard of SwimMan... it's pretty cool. It makes my otterbox look like a big icebox instead.

I'd probably be a little paranoid about taking my shuffle into the water...all naked. Eek!

jefrwf01

not water proof

They aren't even close to being waterproof. They aren't sweat proof. I have ruined a couple of these. I sweat alot and wearing one for a marathon isn't a good idea.

Ciera18

is the ipod shuffle water proof?

this thing has to be water proof the other day i was wearing a pair of jean and did landry that night and i for got to take it out of my pokket it went thru the whole wash cycle includiing my head phone and it still works.. so these things have to be... there is no other explanation why my ipod sat in water for wat 30+ minutes and still workedd!

coolguy36

It could be waterproof

I've been looking for a waterproof shuffle too! I've seen a few options out there. There's one called Swimman and another called H2O Audio that makes a case that looks like it's had mixed reviews. There's also H2O friendly that waterproofs the inside so you don't need a case. Not sure which I want to try. Has anyone tried any of these brands??? Do they work??

Estrella

This is Funny!

Well If you want to protect it from water. Put it in a cellophane so that it will not get wet.. But seriously, Apple didn't think about that..Just buy waterproof cases so that you will be protected..:D

anypats

I have a first generation shuffle (white 512MB about the size of a pack of gum) and it went through the washer and dryer. Still works perfectly. Maybe the dryer dries it out enough. However, I don't believe that it was made to be immersed in water. Otherwise that would be an advertised feature.

squirky

soaked the shuffle in water for an hour and it is still working

i accidentally soak my ipod shuffle together with my pants in a washing machine for an hour. but guess what? my shuffle is still playing my fave music after a month that i've totally abandoned it coz i thought it is already dead..:cool:that's what you call a reliable product...:)

Imported

Most electronics, as long as there is no power on it and sometimes even if there is, if it gets immersed in water and is allowed to dry out before use, it will still work. This doesn't mean ir will work reliably immersed in water...such as for swimming laps.

j238

Website
www.nowplayingnyc.com
lap swimming

Most of the posts in this thread say "no," which makes sense to me.

But I just saw a guy swimming laps in a chlorinated pool with an iPod Shuffle in use. I asked him about it and he said it was working without a problem.

Very surprised by this.