• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Is a 6G rumored to come out soon?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Don G.

I'm curious because I just read it in a couple of messages but is it rumored to be coming out soon? I was just hoping for improved battery life since that's basically my only concern. Any truth to these rumors?

Jay_T

Everybody hopes so. But I expect it to come out next month, because the pressure is getting higher, since every other company is trying to get a piece of the big mp3-cake. just look at M$ at the moment.

I think the whole "what's it gonna be like?" discussion is ridiculous. no one will know till then and it is pure speculation.
I hope they stick to the roots and just improve the technical aspects (battery, space). the rest should stay plain and simple, please don't add unnecessary stuff as voice-control or bluetooth.... no one needs that. If you want a PDA, get one. the iPod is (and hopefully always will be) a mp3 device.

Last edited:

Don G.

hmm..next month? i was thinkign about selling my existing ipod and picking up a new one...i have a 5g that is slowly starting to lose it's battery so i was hoping to sell it on ebay and pick up a new one

i guess ill wait to see what happens...i just want to improve on the existing design....im not asking for anything else.

Jay_T

how old is your 5G? Already drowning battery? Should'nt be the case, why don't you ask apple to replace the battery?

depending on apple's yearly update-rhythm, I would expect the iPod to come out soon (even before Oct.). Just wait another month or two, you'll see. I wouldn't sell my 5G in order to get a new 5G.

Don G.

I purchased it when it first came out and I put a lot of use to it on a daily basis. Maybe I'm just thinking the battery is weaker. I'll wait for the new one if rumors are true.

Jay_T

it has never been a year between two iPod presentations, so I would wait till september, although I am convinced they are going to release it sooner.

OMG...I hope not. Considering I just bought my 5G iPOD a few days ago. Maybe I should take it back and wait to see what comes out next? Naaaah, I've fallen in love with my ipod and I can't let her go based on hearsay. Plus I doubt the next update to the iPOD will be anything I care about anyway...everything is fine for me. The only way I'll buy another iPOD is if I fill up this 60GB mammoth of a HD and Apple releases an 80 or 100 gig.

Jay_T

Certainly, the next update will be bigger (HDD) and better (battery life, functions, maybe usability...). But if the 60 GB (which is NOT 60 GigaByte) fits your needs, why bring it back? To get 2 more hours of battery life or 20 GB (once again: not GigaByte) of space?
But since the last product update (from photo to video) was 8-9 month ago, there is not much time left for the next update to come. So, I am going to wait another month to see if I like the new model. Maybe I'll just get the 60 GB then (for a slightly reduced price). Might be possible that amazon.com drops the price to 340$ or something, when the new one is out. And that's a good price considering that we (the "rich european community") have to pay about 500$ for it (399€). That might be a legit price, if Steve Jobs brought it to my doorstep and would tell me how to use it + give me a 150$ iTunes gift certificate. But as long as that's not the case, I can only shake my head to all the stupid European iPod buyers.

Sorry for being a little off topic.

FeelTheFire

^ just for the record, those are 60GB in terms of 1 million bytes, the actual size of a gigabyte of space, but since computers read in binary, and files are also sized that way, the useable space recognizeable to a computer is smaller. Still, by definition, 60GB is 60,000,000 bytes.

the european prices are about on line with export taxes and the like to the EU, and I believe include 17.5% VAT in the UK, something Americans don't have to pay, unless, of course, they are buying in the UK.