Irritating Problem. Can't add songs to my iPod!!!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

blue_maffu_202

Ok, I have a new 30gb iPod, with the old firmware (v1.0). I've had no problems with it at all so far. Today I was updating songs and I plugged it in and iTunes (latest version) froze the minute my iPod showed up on the left-hand side. I shut my computer down and it still does the same thing.

I updated my brother and sisters iPods (3G & 4G iPods) and they worked fine, mine still does not. I tried it in my laptop and it opens fine, but the songs arn't on my laptop, they are on my desktop, and I need it to connect there.

Can someone help, I'm about ready to trash the computer.

Machnak

Update your iPod again. Uninstall iTunes and Re-Install. Still nothing...have all your Songs in iTunes, and Restore your iPod...only thing I could think of. Hope it works.

blue_maffu_202

I re-installed iTunes and still the same. I don't want to restore my iPod and loose all my songs, videos, playcounts and ratings. The iPod obviously works ok seeing as I can add things from my laptop to the iPod.

I'm reluctant to run the iPod updater on my iPod because I've heard there are problems with v1.1. Do the firmware problems occur on the 30gb models?

Right before iTunes freezes a window pops up asking me to run the updater, is that significant? That never happens on my laptop and I have the same version of iTunes.

Machnak

Weird. Try this. Hit on your PC Ctrl + Alt + Delete. Go to Tasks, and anything that has to do with iTune...even an iTunes Helper..End them. Restart from there. Try again. If that doesn't work...I would update again. Problems can always occur..I would risk it and update. Just have your music backed up.

blue_maffu_202

But do the 30GB iPods have video playback problems with v1.1? I've spent ALOT of time geting videos on my iPod, I don't want to have to start agian.

What do you mean update agian? update the firmware? because I've kept the same firmware that came with my iPod.

blue_maffu_202

--Update--
Ok, weird. I noticed everytime I plug the iPod in theres about 1-2 seconds before iTunes says its not responding. So I plugged it in and as fast as I could, I dragged one song on, and it worked. I noticed while the song was loading the prgram worked fine and once it stopped it froze again.

So I tried selecting all the songs I wanted and then plugged my iPod in, but it froxe while trying to trasfer the songs. So for my second attempt I tried transfering the songs one by one. I dragged one and as it was loading i dragged the next so that it didn't have a chance to freeze. I did it fast and got all the songs on, and they all work. But as soon as it finished loading, it froze like normal.

This is a temporary solution to get songs on but I really need to find out how to get it to stop this freezing thing. It never did this before today.

Pekkle

I have the same problem on my iPod 60GB, I have no problems before, I can buy videos off itunes and it would load onto my ipod and I can add video files to my ipod without any problems before, but one day the itunes just decided to quit, no matter what I do, as soon as I plug in the ipod video, the itunes frozes and as soon as you unplug the ipod the itunes would work again. however my ipod nano has no problem at all..

I have tried uninstall itues and quicktimes and reinstall the newest itunes and still no luck, I am sure there has to be something that triggered the problem. I would love to hear from you guys what you guys think about what might be the problem?

and upgrade to v1.1 is not an option for me and I am sure that wouldn't matter as v1.0 worked perfectly for the past few months until recently..