iRiver ihp series to have accessoires alike the ipod?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

xlifez

do you guys think the ihp would have accessoires alike how the ipod currently has? i seriously want to get a ihp player, but then the thought of not having neat accessoires that the ipod has, makes me sway towards ipod.. what do yall think??

*basicly 3rd party accessoires*

M.S

Old Fart
Well, it obvously doesn't have a support forum like this one, or you would be asking your question there.

SpideyPod

Long Time Podder
Website
stationa.net
M.S said:
Well, it obvously doesn't have a support forum like this one, or you would be asking your question there.
Excellent and quite useful response. :rolleyes:

Whether or not the iRiver has accessories like the iPod remains to be seen but if I had to guess I would say no.
Despite the fact they appear to have a pretty good Mp3 player in the iHP-120 it is still a small player in the market.
Apple and the iPod dominates the MP3 player and digital music market on all fronts at the moment so it is only natural that other 3rd party companies want to cash in which results in quite a proliferation of add-ons and accessories.

Until the iRiver starts to make some waves in the market I don't seem them having nearly the selection in these peripherals that the iPod has. The same is true for just about any MP3 player out there at the moment. The iPod simply dominates right now and the companies will produce where the cash flow is. Keep an eye out and check some of the their sites out there that review digital players for news on new releases if that?s the direction you want to go in.

But as it stands now if you like to buy extras then the iPod is what you want to go with.

M.S

Old Fart
SpideyPod said:
Excellent and quite useful response. :rolleyes:
Thank you. For even better and more useful responses, post something (anything) which is on-topic for an iPod forum. :D

SpideyPod

Long Time Podder
Website
stationa.net
M.S said:
Thank you. For even better and more useful responses, post something (anything) which is on-topic for an iPod forum. :D
Never knew there were rules for what was discussed here. But apparently in your 39 posts you have determined what they are.

He didn't bash the iPod. He asked a question. There wasn't any need to give him a sarcastic response. You rather hear about the iPod, then suggest how great the selection is of accessories available for the 'Pod.

Let go the little war of words you had with Adam last week, this guy certainly said nothing to rekindle that reaction.

M.S

Old Fart
SpideyPod said:
Never knew there were rules for what was discussed here. But apparently in your 39 posts you have determined what they are.
Simply because I can read.

From the Forum rules:

Post in the Appropriate Forum ... there are forums provided for topics not related directly to the iPod (like "Music Explorations" and the catchall forum "The Lounge"). Feel free to use these forums for discussing other topics.

SpideyPod

Long Time Podder
Website
stationa.net
So he posted in the wrong forum? That?s your point?

There are probably a minimum 15 threads a day in the wrong forums and the mods here do a good job of moving them appropriately. I am pretty sure they don't need you giving someone a hard time to show them the error of their ways.

And I am pretty sure it had just a little bit to do with the fact he asked about an iRiver. It is apparent for your prior posts you are opposed to the discussion of any player but the iPod.

News flash, this may not be the right forums for you. There are plenty of cordial and helpful people here who have no problem answering newbies questions regarding competing players. I admit most times it will end with a recommendation for the iPod but that is to be expected when asking on an iPod forum.

mwidjaya

3rd party accessories usually springs up when there is a critical mass of customer base that has some unfulfilled needs.

ihp120 seems to be crammed with features, so not sure if there are any unfulfilled needs...

If you are looking for in-car accessories, you might have to wait for a while until sufficient customer base.

Thejavaman1

The only feature that the iHP seems to lack built in, compared to the iPod's accessories is the Media Reader. If you check the iRiver forums, it seems that there a some "universal" car adapters that you can get, instead of waiting for iRiver or a 3rd party to make a iHP specific one.

xlifez

i'm basicly only looking for a Media card reader.. you think theres a way around to get this? perhaps i get the ipod version and hook it up to the ihp? *dont' think theres a firewire plug*

ack389

No, that wouldn't work, the media reader is something that has to be supported by the OS. It would be like trying to use a Mac specific peripheral on a pc. (no flame intended, i read it back and it sounded a little "snotty")

EDIT** Also, the Ipod firewire port is specific to the Ipod

xlifez

icic... you think mayb there will be a BLACK IPOD coming out later? i read on cnn that it said they will have multi colors in the near future when the minipods come out.. ^^ i WANT BLACK!!

Bob

Retired
Website
forums.ilounge.com
Want black? Get the Philips HD100 - almost as sexy as the iPod and a good MP3 player with the ability to record, and one I would definately consider getting if I was to stray from the righteous path of iPodolatry...

Last edited:

Adam

Brushed Steel Guy
Why would you need acessories, the iHP already comes with enough stuff as it is. I don't see anything that could be added to it.

Want black? Don't want something as inferior as the HD100? Your savior has arrived