• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

iPodWise; Need Staff

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emultion_Rawks

Resident iLounge Rebel
Website
www.thedigitaloasis.net
Before I start, I would just like to say I have checked with an admin whether this thread was OK to post, and it is. :)

Well, My Friend and I have decided we want to start our own little iPod site, named iPodWise. Well, we can only do so much, and thought the best place to look for staff who love iPods would be here! :)

Now, before you look further, please remember that we are starting off small. If we find that our comunnity grows and grows, which we would love, then we will expand the website to fit those needs. But for now, we are using a free service, and if the need comes, we will buy a domain name. (NO staff that apply here will pay for that). We will be adding forums from the start.

Here is what we are looking for in the staff area:

1 Admin For the forums

1 Moderator for the forums

1 News Reporter, that can send us an email with the news article (and if taken from another website, then please include the link)

If you would like to apply as a staff member but the job is gone, still apply, as we are willing to consider more then one for each position.

On the other hand, if you would like to apply for a job, but it is not on the list, then please apply with the job which you would like to do, as we will also accept those.

Please apply for positions on this thread, it is more conveniant. If you must, then we will accept a PM (on iPodlounge), but we perfer the thread option. :)

Thanks for your time,

---Emultion_Rawks

Emultion_Rawks

Resident iLounge Rebel
Website
www.thedigitaloasis.net
Ok! Great! :)

Could you maybe tell me which job you would prefer? I'm willing for you to do either one.

If you can't decide, I'll probably make you an admin.

FeelTheFire

I would love to be a "blogger" for an iPod site. Not really opinion or editorial articles, just...thoughts on the iPod and recent news. I think articles like this are really interesting and I'd love to write them if/when you get your site off the ground and see a potential need for this.

Tomo_kun

Pop'N and IIDX
What kind of moderator are you looking for? A strict one, a sort of strict one?
I'd be interested, but you need more then one.

CheeseBurgerman

I could be a moderator. You already know about how strict I am on such things ;)

If you want links to other sites I moderate/administrate, I'll be happy to give them to you.

lilsuprano

I wouldn't mind being a mod, or whatever you need more for actually, just let me know!

Eric

Emultion_Rawks

Resident iLounge Rebel
Website
www.thedigitaloasis.net
Great Guys! So many applications! Ok, I'll try to deal with them one by one, in order of posts:

1. bvsciguy = If, anytime you feel like writing a story/news article, then if you send it to this address: [email protected] then I will post it up on the site, with your name underneath! :) That would be great if, every now and again, you did that!

2. FeelTheFire = Ok, we can set up a blog option from the site. Give me some more details though on what exactly you would like in it. (which I'm guessing you will write :) )

3. Tomo_kun = Whatever type of moderator you would like to be! I'll send you the link of the forum, and once you join, I'll make you a mod! :)

4. CBM = How could I not include you? (Don't tell San though! ;) ) Yeah, you and Tomo_kun and lilsuprano shall be mods! Three to start off, then we can add more when the forum community grows!

5. lilsuprano = I would love it if you could be a mod! I will send you the link (via PM on iPodlounge) and once you've joined I'll make you a mod! :)

Just to say, to everyone who would like to be a mod of the forums, I shall send each of you PM's with the link for the forum and some other details.

For the 'Part Time News Reporter' if you could reply here to my idea, and for the 'Blogger' if you give me some more information, I shall set up your idea! :)

FeelTheFire

Emultion_Rawks said:

2. FeelTheFire = Ok, we can set up a blog option from the site. Give me some more details though on what exactly you would like in it. (which I'm guessing you will write :) )

I have an iPod blog going that's slowly getting off the ground. I don't know if you can import the content or want to just link to it, or otherwise integrate it into the site.

you can visit: http://smashbox.blog.com

Status
Not open for further replies.