• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

iPodlounge Staff iMix / Contest with Prizes!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeM

Administrator
Hello everyone!

The iPodlounge Staff has created an iMix on the iTunes Music Store. Its a collection of some of our favorite tunes - at least favorites that are in the store. The songs in no way flow well or are organized in any meaningful way. :D

We are offering some cheap prizes for those that can correctly guess which staff member chose which song. This isn't an official iPodlounge contest- we are providing the prizes ourselves. So far we have some pepsi caps collected, some extra iPod donuts, and will purchase some gift certificates. Who knows what we'll actually end up giving away!

The rules are hopefully simple. We do reserve the right to not award prizes, especially to anyone whom we feel cheated.

1. Only make a single post in this thread. Do not edit it after posting.

2. Choose any 1 song and match it to any 1 staff member. The first person to post the correct answer for each staff member wins a prize- a total of 13 prizes will be given away. Be sure to scan previous posts, so you don't duplicate an answer.

3. Include a short bit about why you made that choice. We will be giving away a few prizes to those descriptions we like.

4. You can also take the time to try matching all of the songs/staff correctly. This is separate from rule #2 and doesn't count towards #2. Please keep this list separate. We have a $10 and a $20 iTMS gift certificate for those who get the most correct. Any ties will be broken somehow, probably by sending a little money to each person.

A sample entry post could look like this:

------------------------------------

Song: Some Cool Song
Staff Member: Joe156

I matched these two because Joe is cool and so is the song.

Some Cool Song - Joe156
Another Song - iPodGuy17
YetAnotherSong - iPodRawk_00
...and so on for all 13 songs and staff.

-----------------------------------

We'll leave this thread open for a couple of weeks or so. Guess early- that'll help your chances.

Again, this isn't official. Let's keep it fun. We'll try our best to get the winners their prizes and get non-iTMS capable folks something they can use.

The iMix:

The iPodlounge Staff iMix

The Staff Members to choose from:

Albert [yinyang]
Alicia [ginalee]
Audrey [honeybee1236]
Bob [MadPict]
Dan [Doug Gilmour]
Dennis [iPodlounger]
Gerard [Snowy28]
James [Revolution]
Jeremy [jbhlion]
Jerrod [azdude_40gb]
Jesse [jhollington]
Mike [MikeM]
Stuart [studogvetmed]

Go!

thenerd

My guess...
Song: Brasileirinho by Yo-Yo Ma
Staffmember: Albert [yinyang]

I'm guessing this because yinyang has two y letters and so does Yo-Yo Ma
:)

SergeArsenie

Spirit of the Squirrel
Brasileirinho by Yo-Yo Ma
Alicia [ginalee]

I chose this combination because it seems that Ailcia would choose this because she seems sophisticated.

BaMaFeVeR

B-A-M-A Roll Tide Roll!
Song: End Theme
Staff: Alicia [ginalee]

I chose this because it's the second to last song, and she's the second to first person on your list. Which pretty much means, i guessed blindly.

adamb10

Albert [yinyang] - I've seen all good people
Alicia [ginalee] - Thursday
Audrey [honeybee1236] - 2112 Overture
Bob [MadPict] - Heaven's gonna burn your eyes
Dan [Doug Gilmour] - Never an easy way
Dennis [iPodlounger] - Margaritaville
Gerard [Snowy28] - Bittersweet Symphony
James [Revolution] - Ghetto Show
Jeremy [jbhlion] - Oh Yeah
Jerrod [azdude_40gb] - Brasileirinho
Jesse [jhollington] - Texas Flood
Mike [MikeM] - End Theme
Stuart [studogvetmed] - Disco Inferno

enjoilax

Doug Gilmour
Stevie Ray Vaughn - Texas Flood
Blues rock = Dan. I mean, c'mon this is like a give me. :p

Snowy28
Talib Kweli - Ghetto Show
Alt. Hip-hop. its got to be snowy. If he picked 50, i will punch him in the iPod. >:| No seriousley, i taughts him good, and if he ain't follow it, i give him a whoopin.

Madpict
Yello - Oh yeah
Just seems like him. Running around london with his duct tape mask scaring little children like a tribesmen screaming "DA DA DA! ICH LIEB DU NICHTS DU LIEBST MICH NICHTS. AH HUH."

Dennis
Yo-Yo Ma - Brasilinheiro (spelling?)
Idk, but i wouldn't be surprised to see this on his playlist.

MikeM
Jimmy Buffet - margaritaville
I believe he had a pic of him and his iPod (1st gen) in the gallery on the beach. Plus hes always had that damn lounger in his sig.

Ginalee
Theivery Corp.
Seems hip, i think. lol.

Honeybee
Morcheeba
Trip Hop, i think its her, why i don't know.

Revolution
Rush
Signature. DUH.

I give up.

podio

Why are you reading this?
Albert [yinyang]

Margaritaville--Jimmy Buffett

Jesse [jhollington]

Disco Inferno--50 Cent

The others I dont know about.

jwc110869

Technology made me fat
I'm guessing on Gilmour under duress. Normally, I would go with Rush, the automatic choice. But, I'll Guess Jimmy Buffett, just because he would like to throw a curve ball.

enjoilax

jwc110869 said:
I'm guessing on Gilmour under duress. Normally, I would go with Rush, the automatic choice. But, I'll Guess Jimmy Buffett, just because he would like to throw a curve ball.
Actually i would not be surprised at all.

Whyren

Website
homepage.mac.com
Song: Oh Yeah
Staff Member: Dennis

Seems like a good theme for THE iPodlounger to me :)

Albert - Heaven's Gonna Burn Your Eyes
Alicia - Brasileiriho
Audrey - Bittersweet Symphony
Bob - Margaritaville
Dan - 2112 Overture
Dennis - Oh Yeah
Gerard - Never an Easy Way
James - Texas Flood
Jeremy - Disco Inferno
Jerrod - Ghetto Show
Jesse - End Theme
Mike - I've See All Good People
Stuart - Thursday

Already explained for Dennis. The others are hypothetical gueses based on the position of the celestial spheres and the Chinese zodiac...or results from a random number generator assigned to names ;)

MasterShake450

song: I've Seen all good people
staff member: Audrey

Because she e-mailed me twice about innapropriate threads i posted and she really seems to care....

jessica.

Snowy28 = Ghetto Show. I don't know why, but he strikes me as the kind of kid that would dig that.

Second guess for Snowy is 50 cents. But then i would have to stop talking to him.

Jesse Hollington

Administrator
Website
www.ilounge.com
LAST CHANCE!!!

Just to let everyone know, this contest will be closing SUNDAY, MARCH 13 2005 AT MIDNIGHT EST. Any guesses after that will not be accepted, so this is your last chance to get those guesses in.

The winners will be announced sometime Monday March 14, 2005.

gamesready4

Albert [yinyang] - Brasileirinho
Alicia [ginalee] - Disco Inferno
Audrey [honeybee1236] - thursday
Bob [MadPict] - Ghetto show
Dan [Doug Gilmour] - heaven's gonna burn your eyes
Dennis [iPodlounger] - End Theme
Gerard [Snowy28] - never an easy way
James [Revolution] - 2112 Overture
Jeremy [jbhlion] - margaritaville
Jerrod [azdude_40gb] - bittersweet symphony
Jesse [jhollington] - Texas flood
Mike [MikeM] - Oh yeah
Stuart [studogvetmed] - i've seen all good people

all of these were just random guesses hehe

Jesse Hollington

Administrator
Website
www.ilounge.com
...and the winners are

Although the response to this particular informal contest was less than we had hoped for, we still did get enough response to justify naming a few winners and giving out a few small prizes.

Top place goes to enjoilax for the most correct guesses. He guessed Alicia, Audrey, and Gerard's choices correctly.

Our first correct entry early on was from afalconsvick, for matching up Dan (Doug Gilmour) with Rush.

Later in that same week, adamb10 nailed Jerrod's choice of Yo-Yo Ma.

Whyren came in about mid-contest with two correct guesses on James (Stevie Ray Vaughan), and Jeremy (50 Cent).

Finally, we had one last-minute entry from gamesready4 naming Dennis' correct choice as Zero 7.

In addition, enjoilax gets the yinyang-honeybee prize for the most entertaining response for his description of Bob's alleged choice of Yello (which, ironically, was actually my own choice :) ).

All of the winners will be receiving a free iTunes song download (via a Pepsi cap code) or equivalent prize for each correct guess. The top winner (three correct guesses) will also be receiving something else from the prize bucket (we're still deciding on an "appropriate" choice... :cool: ). Winners will be contacted by PM.

Many thanks for everybody who did participate, and look for the iPodlounge Staff iMix Volume 2 coming soon to an iTMS near you.

==============================================
Below are the actual Staff Member's picks. A short explanation from some staff members are also included where available.

Bob (MadPict) - Yes, I've Seen All Good People, from the album "The Yes Album"

Mike (MikeM) - Morphine, Thursday, from the album "Cure for Pain"

A great tune with the singer meeting up every Thursday with a married woman and eventually getting chased out of town by the husband.

Dan (Doug Gilmour) - Rush, 2112 Overture/The Temple of Syrinx (Chronicles version), from the album "Rush: The Spirit of Radio - Greatest Hits 1974-1987"

Alicia (ginalee), Thievery Corporation, Heaven's Gonna Burn Your Eyes, from the album "The Richest Man in Babylon"

dreamy, ethereal, sunny patches on a bass landscape - perfect for twosome lounging

Audrey (honeybee1236) - Morcheeba, Never An Easy Way, from the album "Who Can You Trust"

The song sends a positive message that speaks to the heart and gives you strength to carry on in the midst of any circumstance as well as having a great chillout beat.

Stuart (studogvetmed) - Jimmy Buffet, Margaritaville, from the album "Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitudes"

Margarita's are one of my favorite alcoholic concoctions. I drank them all night long at a mexican restaurant while singing karaoke. When things just aren't going your way all it takes is some "booze in the blender" and this song to make it a lot easier to swallow that it's "your own damn fault".

Albert (yinyang) - The Verve, Bittersweet Symphony, from the album "Urban Hymns"

Gerard (snowy28) - Talib Kweli, Common & Anthony Hamilton, Ghetto Show, from the album "The Beautiful Struggle"

Jesse (jhollington) - Yello, Oh Yeah, from the album "Stella"

This was a tough choice for me, as I have a lot of favourite songs, but as someone who came of age in the eighties, I decided to narrow down my choices to songs that kind of defined that time for me... My tastes in music even back then were very eclectic, and the euro-techno thing was definitely in a different vein... Further, this song appears in two of my all-time favourite eighties movies, so it seemed a logical choice

Jerrod (azdude_40GB) - Yo-Yo Ma, Brasileirinho, from the album "Obrigado Brazil"

James (Revolution) - Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble, Texas Flood, from the album "The Essential Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble"

Dennis (iPodlounger) - Zero 7, End Theme. Roni Sizes Tear It Up Remix, from the album "Simple Things Remixes"

Jeremy (jbhlion) - 50 Cent, Disco Inferno, from the album "The Massacre"

Andy (AndyH) - Coldplay, God Put a Smile Upon Your Face, from the album "A Rush of Blood to the Head"

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.