• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

iPodlounge.com has arrived...

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jessica.

Earlier today my manager who just bought an iPod after checking mine out sends me this yahoo article where they interviewed the owner of this site apparently. She starts asking me about all of the skins and accessories for the ipod. Next thing you know instead of doing work we're discussing skins and reviews and everything. It was crazy. But the e-mail she sends me she says, "I know you're busy and stuff, but you should check out this site, it is right up your alley!"

I didn't have the heart to tell her that I spend way too much time here already. But it was funny to see someone recommend this site to me.

Anyway, on ebay I was checking out ipod stuff and I saw this auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=40138&item=5741561484&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
The guy actually said "recommended by ipodlounge.com" That tells me this site is mainstream in a way now. If it wasn't before that is. Know now that this site is gospel and it influences people all over.
Kudos to the owners and the good people who run it and post here everyday.

Website
www.ilounge.com
I think I mentioned this elsewhere, but iPod & iTunes for Dummies, 2nd Edition also recommends iPodlounge as one it's "Twelve Web Sources for More iPod Information" on page 349. Since nine of those twelve web sources are Apple, Audible, and Musicmatch sites, that's pretty significant (there are only three "community" sites).

Specifically, it reads as follows:

For the latest in iPod news and reviews of accessories and software, or just to hang out with other Pod People, visit the iPod Lounge at www.ipodlounge.com. The site offers excellent articles about iPod promotions and how owners are using their iPods, and you can find extensive reviews as well as an informative forum that includes lots of support questions.
In addition, one of the other Forum Helpers saw mention of this site in an in-flight magazine.

Kristiano

He hates Scousers
iPodlounge after all is the premium site for iPods, its to be expected ;)