iPod won't restore. It's in recovery mode?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Uncontrol

Hi

This is my first post here, after searching for literally hours. I decided to register an account here and ask for help. Which I hopefully get :D

Anyways, my 160gig iPod Classic has been acting funny. Usually, I use Winamp to transfer songs to my iPod, but a few days ago I had to transfer a compilation to my iPod (Winamp isn't very good at doing this from what I've found), so I transferred it to iTunes. Which worked fine. Then iTunes started to analyze for gapless playback, and a few albums through I closed out of it. This left some of my album covers missing. I re-synced the albums in Winamp.

Then, a day or so later, I notice the albums near the top of the artist list alphabetically would play out of order inside my iPod, Winamp, and even iTunes. For example, Alice Cooper would play when I'd select an Alice in Chains album. Bob Dylan would play when I'd select BB King. It was playing the artist above it.

So, I tried to restore my iPod in iTunes. It said my iPod was in recovery mode and I had to store it, so I attempted to do that and then after that, it said that it couldn't be restored because it contains files that are already in use by another application. So, then I tried to format it with the default settings in Windows Explorer and the problem is still the same.

I've searched these forums and others for solutions. I've tried...

- Restarting my computer.
- Reinstalling iTunes.
- Wiping iTunes' prefs completely (I deleted the app data folders for it)
- Changing the drive letter to X.

I see that turning off disk access comes up a lot in the forums, but I can't find anything to turn it off. I recall that being in the summary page of my iPod on the bottom, but it's not longer there.

My iPod is recognized by my computer and iTunes. Though, the data doesn't come up for it (IE: It's says Capacity: N/A and it just says "iPod"). My iPod will also boot up normally, there's no data on it and I can't transfer anything to it via iTunes or Winamp as far as I know. I've ran Network Connectivity, Device Connectivity, and Device sync tests. And it said I failed to secure a link to the iTunes store and "no iPod found", even though Windows recognizes it and iTunes (kinda) recognizes it.

My iPod is running software version 2.0.4 and iTunes is 9.2.1.5

I think I covered everything. I tried to be as detailed as possible, I really hope you guys can help me out. :)

Uncontrol

Wow. I'm extraordinarily happy right now. I just fixed it.

For people who have this problem or will have and find this topic via search or Google or something:

Put your iPod in disk mode: Hold down the center button and the menu button. And then once it restarts immediately begin to hold down the center button and the Play/Pause button. You should be in disk mode now.

THEN connect your iPod to your PC. And THEN start iTunes.

It's what worked for me.