iPod Will Not Disconnect

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

blackbyrd79

When i first got my iPod G5 i followed all the instructions on setting it up. I apparently made a mistake in uploading my music and only 3 of the 5.5 Gigs i had saved were loaded onto it. so to avoid making any mistakes i reset it to its factory settings. i uninstalled Quicktime and reinstalled the latest free version. then proceeded to re-register my iPod and upload all my music again. only this time. After i plug it into my PC iTunes says that it's updating and after a few minutes it says update is complete. However, my iPod doesn't prompt me to with the OK to Disconnect like it did when i first installed things. Did i do something wrong? Right now it just keeps flashing the Do Not Disconnect .:confused:

Last edited:

Ax-pod

I hate aPple
Did you enable the disk mode? Make sure to disable it, so it will automatically disconnect once its done updating.

You can also manually disconnect by going to >My Computer> look for removable drive that correspont to your iPod > right click > eject.

That should disengaged you iPod from the computer.

AHHHHHHH

Money Begger
its suppose to say do not disconnect, just 'eject' it. There should be a little sign with a green thingie on the system tray, click it

Kev_Dawg

When it says do not disconnect when the iPod is plugged into the pc do not disconnect!, it tells you not to and if you do files such as songs etc will be currupted. If all fails and you can not eject by going to My Computer-> and eject the iPod, then just shut down your PC and you will be safe to unplug the iPod. The reason why it is not ejecting is because a file that the iPod is using is being used, this will cause the iPod not to eject properly.

I hope I helped and if I did not help, then I am sorry.

blackbyrd79

oh, thanks for the reply. i had the Enable Disk selected. it's working like before. thanks for the help :D

gbaronmn

And why is a file being used. This IS a problem with either iTunes or with Windows. I only have seen it since Visa so I suspect Windows but this should NEVER happen and it is up to Apple and Microsoft to get together and fix this. Surely Apple is big enough to get some response from Microsoft, something none of us can do.

LukeA

Website
luke.ament.googlepages.com
gbaronmn said:
And why is a file being used. This IS a problem with either iTunes or with Windows. I only have seen it since Visa so I suspect Windows but this should NEVER happen and it is up to Apple and Microsoft to get together and fix this. Surely Apple is big enough to get some response from Microsoft, something none of us can do.
What the hell are you talking about?

kylo4

I thought when you disconnected when it said not to it only corrupts the songs you were syncing at that time.