• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

iPod video tutorial for Mac

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

xaggie

Handbrake works well for me, but is there a program available that produces the same results a little faster? It takes about +/-4 hours to burn a movie?

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
For those using Mac Handbrake, a bit of info. There should be a 0.7.2 update release in the next few weeks. This update may or may not sport a new GUI, but WILL support Baseline 3 LC 640x480 for the iPod. I've been working with some of the folks on the new development team (the original author is still on an extended hiatus) and have been testing new builds for them.

There is also a new much updated Windows Handbrake in the works, although it is slower going than the Mac version and will likely be released sometime after the Mac 0.7.2 version is released.

There is also a good tutorial on ripping DVDs with Handbrake (0.7.1) located HERE.

The official Handbrake Forums are HERE.

EDIT: There will not be a realease of Handbrake anytime soon. There WILL be a new program that is a branch off of Handbrake that should be out soon. This is being done to avoid confusion should the original developer of Handbrake decide to return and resume his work. The new App will look much like Handbrake (maybe a new GUI, maybe not) and will support 640x480 Baseline 3 video encoding for the iPod. Standby for more as I know it.

Last edited:

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
iSquint or VisualHub.

for those who don't know, MediaFork 0.8.0Beta1 is out. Linked from my signature. Looks like MediaFork may become HandBrake again soon as well.

Sparky_92

iSquint

Multimoog said:
Does anyone have a good solution to convert AVI to MP4 for an iPod?
iSquint ROXORS. One button operation, even adds it to your itunes movie collection for ya. Hands down easiest way to convert anything to the ipod.

miniklop

i prefer use this app fo converting video on ipod - "iPad Video Converter", very easy to use and powerful converter...

idream

nice post. so much trouble just to watch.. does the newest handbrake work for this now?