iPod Video skips random songs and other problems

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

BiReL41r

iPod Video Owner
When I go to a playlist of mine or even just certain Artists my iPod will skip songs; not playing them.

I'll go to a song by Eminem or something and it will just skip it and go to the next song and skip that too until it reaches a song which plays.

It plays fine on my iTunes and I haven't had this problem before and am not sure why this happens!

Other problems are when I select a Movie sometimes it won't play, it will stay at a black screen for 5sec and then go back to the menu. It's very strange and I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if there is a fix for it, thanks!

Ultimeas

I had the same problem awhile ago.

Unfortunately, how I fixed it probably isn't the answer you want to hear.

I windows-formatted my 5g as soon as I got it, took all the songs off my old 4g and put them on my new 5g.

Soon as I started using it, it did exactly what you say.

I tried so many different things, and none of them worked. Finally, I just said screw it and borrowed my GF's iBook.

Mac-formatted it, put all the songs on, haven't had a problem since.

A bunch of people I know have all had this problem, but once they mac-formatted it, everything was peachy.

For when im at my house and do not have access to a mac, I use XPlay 2. It actually works really well, you really only need the apple to initially format it.

Hope this helps.

BiReL41r

iPod Video Owner
Ultimeas said:
I had the same problem awhile ago.

Unfortunately, how I fixed it probably isn't the answer you want to hear.

I windows-formatted my 5g as soon as I got it, took all the songs off my old 4g and put them on my new 5g.

Soon as I started using it, it did exactly what you say.

I tried so many different things, and none of them worked. Finally, I just said screw it and borrowed my GF's iBook.

Mac-formatted it, put all the songs on, haven't had a problem since.

A bunch of people I know have all had this problem, but once they mac-formatted it, everything was peachy.

For when im at my house and do not have access to a mac, I use XPlay 2. It actually works really well, you really only need the apple to initially format it.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, but unfortunately I don't have a Mac which I wish I did.

All iPod Videos are still on warranty since they just came out 3-5months ago or so, so I might send it in and hopefully Apple could help me out because we didn't damage it, it's their problem as I haven't dropped it or anything. I'll see what Apple says...