iPod Updater problem

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

father04co

Website
www.stanceapparel.com
i plugged my iPod to recharge it and iTunes told me "iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPod. Use the iPod Software Updater application to restore the iPod to factory settings."

the last iPod updater i had was from 2005-06-26 so i downloaded the newest one from the Apple's website (2006-03-23) and when i plugged my iPod and opened the updater, i have 2 choices, "Update" or "Restore" but i can only click on Restore, it does the same thing with the older updater

(i also downloaded and reinstalled the newest version of iTunes from apple's website and if it matter, i have an iPod mini blue 6GB)

thanks in advance!

rockmyplimsoul

Website
www.last.fm
it sounds like your mini is corrupted in some way which is forcing you to do a full restore rather than just a firmware update.

maybe you know this, but doing a restore will wipe out all the songs on your mini, so if you have songs on there that are not in your library you might want to use a 3rd part app to pull them off before you restore.

if it matters to you, the 2006-03-23 version firmware for the mini (1.4.1) fixes the 'live update' feature with smart playlists, so it's good to update.

father04co

Website
www.stanceapparel.com
i restored my iPod with the newest updater and then i select all the songs in my library and it say

< iTunes: iTunes.exe - Corrupt File >
"The file or directory \iPod_Control\Music is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility."

father04co

Website
www.stanceapparel.com
i just connect my iPod and it said that my iPod isnt up to date and it asked me to update it (with the newest one from 2006-03-23) so i said yes and now it's updated with the newest uploader

now it's updating all the songs i have in my library(i have 1277) and it stopped updating at the 177 songs and i wasn't doing anything at the computer and i have no screensaver or anything like that... why is it doing that?

thanks again for answering me!

iPods are fun when they are working well but when they aren't it's SO BIG of a pain in the ###...

father04co

Website
www.stanceapparel.com
after it stopped uploading the songs on my iPod, i right click and press Update to keep the songs update on my iPod and it was saying it was updating and after 5mins it display this message:

"The iPod cannot be updated. The disk could not be read from or written to."

father04co

Website
www.stanceapparel.com
it's very weird, it update the songs on my iPod, like it shows how many songs it have updated and sometimes it will quit updating them and just say the the iPod update is completed, then i unplug my iPod and i check in the artists and there is NOTHING......

like i REALLY need my iPod with my music on for tomorrow because im gonna travel a long distance..... problems always happen when you hope to dont have any....