iPod touch (1st gen) to iPod Classic

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

ipodlover29

Registered iLounger
Im thinking about selling my 1st gen iPod touch 16gb and getting a iPod classic 120gb. I want more storage, better battery life, being able to use real controls instead of using the touch screen and being able to use the iPod in disk mode. At the same time I will be going backwards since the iPod classics screen is 2.5 inches when compared to the iPod touchs which is 3.5 inches. Also Im concerned about getting a hard drive based iPod. Flash iPods are lighter, faster and last longer. Im also wondering if should just wait until september and see if anything better comes out since its only a few months away.

Forum Policy - Please do not start more than one topic (in the same OR different forums) with the same question or message. Even if your topic's subject spans multiple forums' "themes", please pick the most appropriate single forum, and start your topic there ONLY. Starting multiple topics with the same question or message is confusing, splits up the discussion / answers and makes the moderators' jobs much harder. Please resist all temptation to cross post. Besides, the Moderators will lock duplicate threads as soon as they see them anyway.

jasoncordelle

I thin kyou have pretty much answered your own questions...

I'd wait, if you can. You just never know what they will do with the Nano, Classic and touch devices in September. Maybe nothing(probably) or maybe something amazing (unlikely) - It's very likely that the touch will get a bump in capacity and the Classic will remain virtually unchanged.