iPod to Hard Drive?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

johnsomp

I have a 5G ipod and just got a Shuffle. Unfortunately, my computer stinks and I can not include my entire music library on my hard drive. Now I need to transfer some of my 5G songs to my shuffle.

I have two questions.

1) I have changed the Start and Stop Time preferences for many songs, and have found that when I use iPod copy programs, they do not keep my preferences, but reset them when the songs are copied back to my hard drive. Are there any copy programs that keep your time preferences?

2) Has anyone attempted to use an external hard drive to store all their music on, and if so, does that work?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Special

You could just manually copy the songs across without the use of software.

Many people have used external HDD's and have had liitle to no problems with it.

But I was in your same situation once. 15GB HDD 20GB iPod 13GB of music.
Well an external HDD costs quite a bit of money, and they are pritty crappy, well the e-SATA ones arnt bad. Just delete the music of your computer, just because it is not on your computer doesnt mean iTunes will delete it from your iPod aswell. But knowing iPods they tend to break down, so best making a back up of your music to a DVD.