ipod taking long time searching for songs

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

darkdreams

Anyone have a clue why out of the blue the ipod will take forever to find a song, play a song when you fwd to the next song and jusst hang there while you can feel the HD moving around? This is happening periodically and sometimes I have to do a restart (hold center click wheel and the menu button) I have the 60 gb video ipod It is really fustrating...

darkdreams

about 6 to 8 months, this happens every once in a while I have the newest version of the ipod software and itunes. hey if I have to take it back I will get teh new ipod 80 gig one heh heh

Website
www.ilounge.com
Firstly, if you are still having problems after a full restore and reload of the iPod, then it's possible that it could be a hardware issue and therefore be covered under warranty.

However, you will most likely not get a better model of iPod out of a warranty repair. Apple replaces warranty-serviced iPods with refurbished iPods of the same make and model.

darkdreams

I bought it at circuit city so I would be taking it back to them not apple, so most likely i would get a new one if something is wrong with the one I have. It happened again the song is playing and I went to go push the pause button on the wheel but nothing happened it kept on playing. How to a do a total restore on the ipod?

gk17

What version of iTunes are you using? If it's not the newest one and you still have the old iPod Updater, use that (iPod Updater) to restore the iPod. Remember, the restore will delete everything from the iPod. So make sure you already have a backup of your songs and data on the iPod before doing this.