iPod stuck pixel fixer?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

ffoxxttrott

I was searching around the forums and I noticed that people were talking about programs that might fix stuck pixels by flashing different colors on the screen very quickly.

Does such a program exist for an iPod or is this fix only available for computer LCD screens?

Also, does anybody know if an apple store will exchange an iPod for a new one for just 1 stuck pixel?

Thanks.

nihal310

The White Rabbit
Absolutely, just take it in to any Apple store and I'm sure they'll oblige. It's defective workmanship - there's not much you can easily do to kill a pixel on an iPod screen.

kingclaw

I got rid of mine slightly by using the screen test on the diagnostic wizard. I had a few bring blue pixels and some dissapeared and some turned white. Much better than they were before. Try it

Machnak

I don't know how to make a .gif...I think I should now how, because I work with flash and photoshop alot, but anyways. just make a .gif or a Red, Blue, and Green screen, to change from one color to the next at a .75 Second interval. I'll try and make one to post.

Machnak

Alright, I"m hosting the file Here for the pixel fixer. Simply download it, or SAVE TARGET AS, and it's in MP4 so I don't know if you need to convert it or not, but put in on your iPod and play it. Should fix the STUCK pixels, not the dead ones.Here

kingclaw

Get to the diagnostic wizard by resetting your ipod then as soon as you see the apple logo press the centre button and the back button at the same time. Press menu, IO, Display, Color and keep pressing the centre button to go through the colours. No need to upload images, easier this way.

kornchild2002

Just make sure that your stuck pixels can be seen easily. I took my iPod back to the Apple store just after 4 days of owning it because I have 4 stuck pixels. What did they do? They told me they couldn't see the stuck pixels so I could return the iPod but pay a 10% restocking fee, then get a new one. They would not exchange it out for a new one.

I am still ####ed over that. I can see the stuck pixels in normal light yet the Apple store employees couldn't see them at all. They even said they took it to a dark room and didn't see them. They all just looked at me like I was insane and on crack.

Just make sure that you c an easily see the stuck pixel. If not then you are going to have a hard time getting a new one.

ffoxxttrott

Alright thanks guys!

My stuck pixel is white, and running the stuck pixel remover (both the video and diagnostic) didn't work =(.

But my stuck pixel can be pretty clearly seen (well.. at least by me?) And even more so in a dark room. I'll try taking it to the Apple Store that opens in a month or so here.

kingclaw

I had a iPod with a couple of stuck pixels and sent it back to Amazon, they replaced it but sent another one out with even more stuck pixels. Just learn to ignore them!

One Pence

ffoxxttrott said:
Alright thanks guys!

My stuck pixel is white, and running the stuck pixel remover (both the video and diagnostic) didn't work =(.

But my stuck pixel can be pretty clearly seen (well.. at least by me?) And even more so in a dark room. I'll try taking it to the Apple Store that opens in a month or so here.

You do know that you have to leave the pixel fixer on until it fixes, not after 5 minutes take it off. It can take 10 minutes, or it can take 48 hours but if it isnt a 'dead pixel' and only 'stuck' then it will eventually get unstuck.

Dead Pixel = Black
Stuck Pixel = Any colour inc. white

One Pence

kingclaw said:
I had a iPod with a couple of stuck pixels and sent it back to Amazon, they replaced it but sent another one out with even more stuck pixels. Just learn to ignore them!
Send it back to Apple for repairs. Which? magazine says that a stuck pixel is now classes in the UK as 'defective' and can be replaced under warrenty.

ffoxxttrott

One Pence said:
You do know that you have to leave the pixel fixer on until it fixes, not after 5 minutes take it off. It can take 10 minutes, or it can take 48 hours but if it isnt a 'dead pixel' and only 'stuck' then it will eventually get unstuck.

Dead Pixel = Black
Stuck Pixel = Any colour inc. white
[/QUOTE

Oh, no I did not know that! I only ran it for like 10 seconds hahaha.

Does cycling through just the colors Red, Blue, and Green fix white stuck pixels too?

fallen_one352

Pixel Death

hello =]

so I've had my Ipod classic for about 5-7 months and at the end of november i started to get a line of dead pixels across the middle of my screen, well gray ones atleast, maybe not dead just stuck im not sure. after about a week it had spread to cover the width of the screen and now covers at least 6 lines of pixels. HELP!! its driving me crazy, im not sure if its covered under warranty, and the nearest apple store is 1 hour away from me, what can it do?!!?

RickB

If it's still under warranty Apple will replace the iPod. Either go to the store or call their 800 CS number and arrange a return shipped back to them.