iPod Software 1.3: Problem Reports

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

bkatran

i have a winpod but i recently got a powerbook and it syncs with itunes fine
but when i try to update it to 1.3 it says the ipod must be docked on the desktop???

bimmmer

Ever since I updated, my iPod no longer mounts, or shows up in iTunes. I have searched high and low for a fix, tried everything in the Apple discussion boards! I am VERY frustrated.:confused:

caterinka

We've had a couple of folks with this problem. I know it's a cheesy solution, but reboot your Mac and see if things improve.

bimmmer

I have rebooted, reset the iPod, reinstalled my OS system, reinstalled iTunes, trashed my prefs, reset my firewire ports, done the diagnostic test on the ipod (everything checked out), and tried it on several computers, and nothing. :confused:

MikeM

Retired
bimmmer said:
I have rebooted, reset the iPod, reinstalled my OS system, reinstalled iTunes, trashed my prefs, reset my firewire ports, done the diagnostic test on the ipod (everything checked out), and tried it on several computers, and nothing. :confused:
Can you revert to the previous firmware? Does the cd that came with the iPod have the installers that will do that?

My iPod CD is buried somewhere or I would check for you...