iPod showing early signs of dementia & how do you remove photos?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

bigjohnny7

Hi guys,

Hope somebody can help me. I have a few problems with my 5th generation 80GB iPod. I'm on manual sync although I have everything backed up.

So, I've had for a good few years ago now. I think I've had since around 2007, and up to now it hasn't caused me any problems.

However, very recently I've started to almost hit full capacity. I've now only got 0.42GB free space left (so I'm think about upgrading to a 160GB iPod Classic).

In the last couple of weeks, I've noticed my iPod starting to show early signs of dementia - just doing really odd things which it has never done before: songs stopping halfway through and then skipping forward to the next one; and another thing is that I'll select ALL of an artists songs, say The White Stripes, and it will start playing from the first song of their first album but it will say '1 of 17', which is the number of tracks from their first album, rather than '1 of 87', which is the total number of tracks that should be listed when I select ALL.

Are these sort of problems symptomatic of fillng up all the space on the hard-drive, or is it more to do with the age of my iPod?

Another thing, and this is hopefully easier to solve, is that I can't seem to delete some photos I have saved on my iPod. I'm trying to save as much space as possible, and although I know I have some photos saved on there, I don't seem to be able to delete them. When I plug my iPod into iTunes, I don't have a 'Photos' option on the left panel, like I do for 'Music' and 'Videos', etc.

Can anybody suggest a remedy for either problem?

Many thanks in advance.

S2_Mac

For photo management, select the iPod's icon in the Source column to open its Sync Settings page in the main part of the window. Click on the Photos tab; choose a photo-containing folder to sync; click Sync button; every photo currently on the iPod that's not in the designated folder will be removed. (Between the lines stuff: before doing this, determine what photos you want to have on the iPod and put them into a single folder, then use the Photos tab to designate that folder.)

Many possible reasons for the herky-jerky behavior -- age, hard drive starting to fail, index file is messed up, impending end-of-the-world....<g> Since you're already considering a larger Classic, mght as well jump right to the troubleshooting step of Restoring the iPod -- wipe it clean, re-install the software, re-load it with content, and see how it goes....

(My 5.5G/80Gb continues to chug along, but I know its days are numbered.)