ipod screen problem ?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

geelongfan

Hi all i am new and i just got a new 15GB iPod (couple of weeks old, on special due to new ipod 20gb and 40gb ipods being released)

The screen, in the shade, shows rainbow colors (from the top slightly)...like as if I was pressing on the LCD screen.
However, I am not pressing on it. In direct sunlight and under room light or lamps etc...it works perfect...but in the shade I can occasionally see the colors under the LCD screen...is this normal? Does anyone have this problem...or does the screen always look normal grey without any LCD colors?

PS: yesturday the colors in the shade or sunlight were not very good at all, but today in the morning i took it out again and it appears to be ok?? its almost an intermittent thing..

thanks in advance

markp99

TakoKichi
I saw this on my 30gp iPod (before I exchanged for 20gb). For me, the effect was on the glass at the top of the display. Immediately suggested to me to be due to mechanical stsess on the glass...possibly from the headphone jack (though wiggling the jack did not improve or worsen the problem...so I may have been wrong).

Have not seen it on my 20gb iPod...

Good luck!

Bob

Retired
Website
forums.ilounge.com
Don't worry - the majority of iPods have this 'rainbow' effect to varying degrees.
It is called photo-elasticity and affects most LCD screens.
Do a search of these forums for that phrase and you will find a lot of other folk asking the same question.

There is even a poll here on it.

Last edited: