iPod randomly turns itself ON

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Teechur

Website
www.teechur.com
I have a 4gen 40gb iPod that turns itself on. I can recreate the problem.

I listen in my car. I get to Starbucks. I turn the iPod off. Double check. Leave it plugged into the tape player thingy. Go into Starbucks and order a grande drip.

After about 30 minutes I come out caffed up and ready to head to work. I turn on the car and Beauty and the Beast is playing. Wait a minute, I turned that off!

So this has happened about four times. Yesterday I not only turned it off (paused), I turned it completely off so the screen was blank AND I left it on hold lest gremlins step on it while mucking with my car. (It could happen.)

Get in the car after breakfast cookie and coffee and once again, "Beauty and the Beast."

No matter where I leave off playing, it has chosen my "Disney Romance" playlist (apparently he's a fan) and it's always on that song, number 9 in the playlist. I have noticed a few other times that it's been in my pocket and on, same playlist (different song, depending on how long). The playlist has 45 songs so I'm assuming one or more times it has turned itself on, gone through the playlist (maybe it's seeing another iPod and is going for a little romance) and turned itself off.

Yesterday I watched it closely all day. It didn't turn itself on once after the initial playdate in the car.

The other curious thing is, if I turn off (pause) the song and hit menu, it is right where I left off, so it is internally selecting the Disney Romance list but not de-selecting what I was listening to. Very strange.

Any ideas?

jecolam

I have a Gen4 20GB iPod and it also turns itself on. It seems not to matter whether hold is on or off. Also no alarms are set. I have no playlists entered as I have only recently acquired it.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

kayle12

Apple Rocks!
Try This!

Hello,

It sounds as if you have an Alarm Set, and the playlist is set to the Disney Album. Try This

1. Extras
2. Clock
3. Alarm Clock
4. Make sure the Alarm is Off.
5. If your using the Calendar, make sure there is not an appointment that's set to every morning.

If that dosn't work, It can't hert to Format It!

Good Luck

Kayle

Teechur

Website
www.teechur.com
OMG!

I am such a GEEK! Yes! That's exactly what it was. I set it while on vacation so I could sleep through my sister's kids' noise and wake up early to run. It was the alarm. Oy vey I'm an idiot.

Thanks so much! I think I'd better turn in my IT certifications now because I'm a big dweeb.