iPod overheating and battery running out

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

robcharlus

New member
Joined
Mar 27, 2004
Messages
145
Points
0
Age
67
Location
Vienna, Virginia
Today I was running my iPod plugged into a charger when it stopped playing. I picked it up -- I did not have the case on -- and it was very hot to the touch. It had been lying on the top of my desk, and was not covered by anything. I unplugged it, turned it off, and let it sit for about 40 minutes. When I turned it back on, the battery indicator was reading zero (although it was fully charged when it stopped working), and after about 4 minutes, it shut down, saying that the battery was exhausted. I've had the iPod about two weeks; it's a 3G 40GB model, refurbished, which the Apple Store gave me when my last one failed a battery test.

I would be interested in knowing if anyone has any idea what's going on. I ran a search for posts relating to overheating before making this posts, and it seems clear that leaving your iPod plugged into a charger will not harm it. The one way to cause the iPod to overheat while charging seemed to be to leave it in its case, which I did not do. Nor was it exposed to the sun or other source of heat. I charge the iPod either through the dock at home or use an Incase charger I bought at the Apple store.

Any thoughts?
 

iPodMechanic

Banned
Joined
May 26, 2005
Messages
25
Points
0
Location
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Website
www.ipodmechanic.com
Overheating iPod

Hey there,

That problem fits the defective motherboard category. I'd recommend a new motherboard and battery probably.

If you want to have the iPod Tested, my company will do it for free - it's a newly launched site and we provide inexpensive service.

Regards.
 
Top