iPod no longer syncs to iTunes with iTunes 7 Please help!!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

MoonlitShadow

I recently updated to iTunes 7, and now I come to find that apparently that was a bad idea. Now that I have iTunes 7 on the computer (Win XP PC) iTunes no longer recognizes my iPod. I've tried every troubleshooting step I know of to get iTunes to see the iPod. First, I reset the iPod. Then I reset it a second time while it was plugged into the AC adapter. After both resets didn't change anything, I plugged it back into the computer hoping to restore it completely with the updater. When the updater opened it let me know that the updater I had (6/28/06 I believe) is no longer supported, and that I now had to update in iTunes. So, I closed the updater (with my iPod still plugged in the computer) and attempted to update in iTunes instead.

Unfortunately my iPod didn't show up in iTunes so I have no idea how I'm supposed to update everything correctly in order to get iTunes to recognize my iPod again. I hope someone can help as soon as possible, because I'm really starting to regret updating to 7. Everything synced perfectly before installing it. Oh, and I don't think it really matters but my iPod is the 30 GB Photo. Thanks in advance for any help.:)

MoonlitShadow

I just wanted to add that there's a topic about this on the Apple Support forums too. I thought it was only an issue with the 4th gen as that's what I have, but it seems a lot of people even with new 5th gen iPods are having the same problem with iTunes 7. I thought I'd link the post here http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=637999&tstart=0

This way if anyone checks out the discussion there in combonation with their thoughts here someone might be able to come up with a solution sooner.