ipod nano touch 7g problem with earphones jack

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

brignuca

Hi all, I'm new in teh forum and I ask your support, sorry for mistakes but I'm not native english spoken.
My son has an ipod nano 7g that doesn't recognize the earphone jack anymore. If he use a bluetooth earphone it works but not the jack.
This meand that he could not use the radio feature and listen with the provided apple earphone. I ran the diagnostic I found on youtube and the whistle during this phase could be listened by both ears. This seems to be that it has not to be an hw problem (if the jack has no connection you could not hear the whistle).
So I don't understand why it doesn't work.
My son tried to bring to an apple store but they said that without the prove of the purchase (it is a gift from his ex-girlfriend) they could not repair it or substitute.

Could someone help me ? I'm from north Italy near to Milan and if I need hw support and you can tell me where receive it I'll go there.

Thanks for support

cjmnews

Staff member
You need to try a Reset (by holding down the Sleep/Wake button and Home buttons until you see the Apple logo appear) to see if that resolves the problem.

If that does not help, I would try a Restore (plug into iTunes, make sure all music is in your iTunes library as this will erase everything from the iPod, click on the iPod, then click the Restore button) then try testing again.

I am surprised the proof of purchase is needed. In the US, I think they may do that if the patron was a child, but if I, as an adult, brought it in I think they would look at it. Try taking it in yourself if the above did not work.

brignuca

Thanks cjmnews I'll try it when I'll be back home. Unfortunately I'm from Italy and this is what they said in the apple store. They searched through the serial number (my son wento to the store) and they said that it was bought in USA and they canno't do anything if he hasn't the purchase proof. If the procudure you suggested will fail do you know if I can do something from here (like shipping to USA is still under guarantee) ?