iPod is Full with 2500 songs-- WTF?!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Petary791

Prog Enthusiast
I know my iPod holds 5000 songs. It's name is James and it's a 20 GB 3G iPod. So when I connect my iPod to my computer, it says it's full! WTF?! Why is it full? So I unchecked some songs in iTunes that I don't listen to ever and I was hoping that those wouldn't go on and the new things I ripped would go on, but it still didn't work.

Please help! I'm DRIVING to Florida soon, and I would like these new songs.:)

danielomg

depends on the bitrate or the length of the songs. something similar happened to my friend, he just converted every song to AAC to make sure and it was solved for the most part.

Petary791

Prog Enthusiast
Ah cool. So how can I convert these all to AAC, and will it take long, and with the quality be lost?

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
Yes quality will be lost. You can however still convert if you wish. Go to import preferences in iTunes and select the encoder and bitrate you wish.

Then in the iTunes library select the songs you wish to convert and go to Advanced and select --> Convert selection too.

This is a long process for multiple songs. It leaves the original copy, too, incase you don't like the coverted one, so you end up with twice the songs on your hard drive.

What bitrate are you currently ripped at? The best bet is to change your importing encoder and then RERIP the songs from the original CDs at a different, more safe concious bitrate.

If you want to make it so some songs don't go on, Make sure that "Update checked songs only" is selected in iPod preferences when the iPod is connected.