Ipod icon won't appear on desktop

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Podi

iPod love is deep & fuzzy
I have a new 30gig Ipod running on OSX 2.26. When I plug the Ipod into the firewire port the Ipod icon appears on the desktop, when it is completed running the tasks of updating from iTunes and iSync the icon dissapears from the desktop. The finder no longer shows that it is connected, but it still continues to charge. This error results in that I can not add notes to my iPod. I have called apple with no results, I have checked all my preferences and they are definitely not the problem. Has anyone else had this problem, or know how to fix this. I appreciate any help. THANKS!

Podi

Yes indead it does appear in the iTunes window, and I can click that and access its music files, but it is still not accessible to add notes. The oddest part is that it does not appear in the finder.

eustacescrubb

Website
www.johnpauldavis.org
Try changing your settings so that firewire disk mode is enabled. If that doesn't work try changing your settings so the iPod is set to be updated manually.

mrkablooey

eustacescrubb said:
Try changing your settings so that firewire disk mode is enabled. If that doesn't work try changing your settings so the iPod is set to be updated manually.
also keep in mind that while this is enabled, the iPod will flash the screen "do not disconnect" even when it's done updating. this is just a reminder to drag the icon to the trash before disconnecting.

Podi

I'll give that a shot. Thank you, you have both been a lot of help. by the way does anyone know if the "iPod it" software is any good?

Podi

Just to let everyone know who has the same icon problem I had, eustacescrubb's idea of enabling the firewire disk on the ipod worked perfectly! Thanks eustacescrubb!

Surf Monkey

Website
www.dvdinmypants.com
Podi said:
Just to let everyone know who has the same icon problem I had, eustacescrubb's idea of enabling the firewire disk on the ipod worked perfectly! Thanks eustacescrubb!
Yep, worked for me too. I forgot that I had to set this option after restoring the iPod to factory settings. Here I was, restoring the software and songs and wondering why it wasn't fixing the 'problem.' iPodlounge forums come though yet again!! :)